CTX 3030 Guys

huntindog1

Apr 20, 2012
South Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Current: CTX3030
Past: ETRAC Omega 8000, Whites DFX, Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Sabre Plus, Garrett GTA 1000 PM, Fisher CZ6, Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No tricks, but inaccurate. Watch EXACTLY where he swings the first coil to pick up the ring near the iron. He didn't swing the others the same. Every time he went across the zone that it would register, he immediately made the next pass closer to the iron or farther back away from the ring. The others were trying to pick it up but he didn't let them.

SilverPirate

Dec 23, 2012
Boerne Tx.
Detector(s) used
New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope its just where he swings the coil and also saw that. Just bought my e trac and haven't even gotten it yet, really hope it was just the way he swings.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron is a problem for all detectors the KEY with the E-Trac and CTX is swing them S L O W when you are in heavy iron. This guy was rocketing the CTX back and forth. This is the problem I have "comparisons" either there is a genuine bias against one, or there isn't the real knowledge of how to use that detector. You can't go out and buy a half dozen top detectors and learn how to use any of them correctly.

I have seen very, very few good comparisons over the years.

Kyboy

Dec 27, 2009
Hardin county KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Minelab Explorer II
Garret GTAX 550
There are many biased air test on YouTube. Explorer vs Tesoro the guy runs the explorer in auto 20, indoors....and the Tesoro wide open. The Tesoro smoked it of course. Indoors the EMI will knock the sensitivity back to who knows what. Those who don't know the full picture and capability of the machines will be duped.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iron is a problem for all detectors the KEY with the E-Trac and CTX is swing them S L O W when you are in heavy iron. This guy was rocketing the CTX back and forth. This is the problem I have "comparisons" either there is a genuine bias against one, or there isn't the real knowledge of how to use that detector. You can't go out and buy a half dozen top detectors and learn how to use any of them correctly.

I have seen very, very few good comparisons over the years.

Jason is 100% right. When he puts the iron down he swings it much faster than before. ANYTIME you encounter iron you need to slow WAY WAY down with a Minelab. They do so much more processing it is not even funny.

Awesome machines but need to be used correctly.

Jeff in Pa

Feb 26, 2005
Pa
Detector(s) used
I have owned/own the Anfibio Multi, CTX, Etrac, Equinox, SE Pro, EX II, XS, Soveriegn Elite, Garrett Ace 250 and the Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WoW that video is deceiving! I also see the coil is not swung at the same height every time. The only way to make that "Fair" to all the coils is to scrub the surface but obviously he can't do that on sand.

All of those detectors have very good capabilities in the right hands.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
To me all videos like that is just a trick they can make the detectors do what they want..... $(KGrHqV,!hMFC)Lu7NgkBRBMWJt11w~~60_12.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread