how is Minelab customer service?

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While I never had to send a machine in, I did call w/some questions.
The gal I spoke with obviously spoke english as a second language (she sounded European). Made communication a bit more of a task. It wasn't horrible but I did need some things repeated and/or clarified.
My one & only experience w/ML customer service.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their customer service has improved and will continue to improve. I know this because of contacts with management.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are some REALLY good people up there now!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there Chicago office should really help on returns and repairs

SilverChirp

Mar 21, 2016
State of Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me? HORRIBLE. Minelab products are great, but their customer service is terrible. It should NEVER take days for a company to return calls or emails for help, period. NO excuses Minelab...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silverchirp, try answering 50-75 calls a day, 20-30 phone messages and dozens of emails a day and see how much real work you can get done and how long it takes to return calls and answer messages and emails.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there Chicago office should really help on returns and repairs
There are no repair center in Chicago any longer, both techs retired in spring of 2015 which is what caused repair center in Fl to become only repair center.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Had one issue that was taken care of within days and they made it as painless as possible. Thus far I have dealt with both fisher and minelab and they were both great. A+ for both companies.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My dealings with both the Chicago office and the repair center in Florida were perfect, no complaints from me. I'd sent in my CTX and received it back in 3 days, and my Etrac - receiving it back like new. They now have my other Excal complete and I'll drive down to pick it up!

Florida suffered a terrible blow with the sudden passing of Barry, bless his soul. That was staggering to the repair center. You can't just put out an ad and find a replacement for Barry, they just don't make them. I'm seeing complaints here in posts blaming Minelab, too many negatives and it just isn't merited. I haven't lost a single bit of faith in the company. With the circumstances as they are and the sudden nature of the loss, they are doing the very best they can.

Add the hurricane now, I hope they're okay. Good people

I also saw another post about issues with an Explorer - month's ago TH passed us word that there were no more spare parts available for those. All companies experience obsolescence.... The Explorer series was introduced in 1999 - 17 years ago.

Rainydays

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Minelab CTX3030
Propointer AT
Pro-Find 25
White's Bulleyes TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had great customer service. Had to send in my CTX for warranty repair and they just sent me a new CTX. Same thing with the Pin-pointer they just gave me a new one, no questions ask. Turn around time was very fast too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread