Third time out with Etrac= Another first: 1935 Walking Liberty half!!

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN1233.JPG

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! That area must not have had much if any previous detecting done.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably right: it's a yard/construction site. 95% of my best finds have been from private yards, for just that reason: the majority have not been hunted before.
Nice! That area must not have had much if any previous detecting done.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW the last 2 hunts that I have found good items during, have been with the smaller 6X8 SEF coil. Pinpoints very well: still learning this with the double D coil but I seem to be improving exponentially. I like the pinpoint mode on the Etrac and the sizing function helps a lot.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its only gonna get better!

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these with the Etrac in same yard today. File28.jpg

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found these with the Etrac in same yard today. View attachment 748172

Very nice, I haven't got an Indian yet came close with 1910 Lincoln last fall.

Got cabin fever here waiting for the ground thaw. Tired of rereading the Sabisch book want to get and try some programmimg tweaks in field.

HH,

Pete

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep getting out when there are small tolerable breaks in the cold weather. I have been reading and rereading the book for the last 2 months, especially on those cold off from work days! I have several IH's from previous detectors, but the ones above are the first with the Etrac. I think the most I found in a day before was 4 with my Tesoro Golden Sabre II, loved that machine! Good luck, it will be warm again before you know it...it's almost March now!
Very nice, I haven't got an Indian yet came close with 1910 Lincoln last fall.

Got cabin fever here waiting for the ground thaw. Tired of rereading the Sabisch book want to get and try some programmimg tweaks in field.

HH,

Pete

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Sov, your really rippin it up with the machine:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Can't wait for the next warm day...think it's gonna be 48 degrees this coming Monday...I'll be out rain or shine. I have only covered about half this yard!
Nice finds Sov, your really rippin it up with the machine:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions