Wish Me Luck

Urban Redneck

Feb 21, 2013
San Francisco CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart is packing my brand new E-trac as I'm typing this post. Had a White 2DB as a teenager. My 7 year old daughter is dying to go "treasure hunting" after viewing all the cheesy reality shows. So, I guess it rekindled my youthful spirits as a detector. My dad cleaned up the White out of the attic. Works great. Feel sorry for my daughter swinging that old clunker though. Ha. I have some amazing access to private logging property from the mid 1800s. Never been detected. Really remote and off the grid. I've deer / pig hunted the 5,800 acres over the last 6 years. Plenty of remains of old camps. Pretty cool to see the spring board notches in the old stumps. I know E-trac has a huge learning curve. I plan on running in the dummy mode for the near future until I figure out this beast's full potential. Funny, I kept asking Bart about the bum wrap the E-trec receives regarding gold. He put me at ease. Thanks for letting me be a voyeur the last few months.

Cheers,
Buck

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just started using my Etrac and love it. It definitely has a learning curve, but Andy's book helped a lot. I read and studied it for several weeks before there were a few breaks in the weather to get out. Limitless potential with this detector!
Bart is packing my brand new E-trac as I'm typing this post. Had a White 2DB as a teenager. My 7 year old daughter is dying to go "treasure hunting" after viewing all the cheesy reality shows. So, I guess it rekindled my youthful spirits as a detector. My dad cleaned up the White out of the attic. Works great. Feel sorry for my daughter swinging that old clunker though. Ha. I have some amazing access to private logging property from the mid 1800s. Never been detected. Really remote and off the grid. I've deer / pig hunted the 5,800 acres over the last 6 years. Plenty of remains of old camps. Pretty cool to see the spring board notches in the old stumps. I know E-trac has a huge learning curve. I plan on running in the dummy mode for the near future until I figure out this beast's full potential. Funny, I kept asking Bart about the bum wrap the E-trec receives regarding gold. He put me at ease. Thanks for letting me be a voyeur the last few months.

Cheers,
Buck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread