Best/most cost effective trowel/newbie etrac pattern

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's around the cost of a Lesche.
I have been using a jackson 7 in 1 for about 5 years now and it works great and have no problems with it at all, I can cut through most any of the roots I have come across. i picked it up at either Lowes or Home depot. only set me back about $30.

View attachment 748775

OP
OP
B

Bullhead23

Sep 30, 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Current-Minelab E-Trac, Sunray Pro phones, TW digger
Past-Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might try Welcome to Predator Tools Online! ,all tools made in the U.S.A.

I went on the predator tools site and they look awesome but I'm not going to lay down that kind of cash for a digging tool at the moment. I went with Jason in Enid's advice and got a treasure wise digger (T-12 model) offline for 15 bucks shipping included. Cheap and I've heard nothing but good things about them. Should be here in a few more days.
:thumbsup:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I take two tools with me everywhere. Lesche hand digger and a samson T-Handle. I use the Lesche in most cases and the T-Handle if I an working fast and it is not a manicured yard. Drag a shovel of any type around in a nice manicured yard and see all the attention you draw! lol NOT good! lol

If in the woods i take a Lesche 38 D relic shovel. very HEAVY DUTY and can knock down small saplings with ease. Its a big shovel and gets the job done quick fast and dirty!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fiskars $7 at all the department stores

View attachment 749417

Too many reports of their handles snapping off. Yes they have a lifetime warranty, but I prefer to spend a few dollars more for something that will last a decade or longer. Breaking a digger in the middle of the hunt means the hunt is over.

OP
OP
B

Bullhead23

Sep 30, 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Current-Minelab E-Trac, Sunray Pro phones, TW digger
Past-Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I take two tools with me everywhere. Lesche hand digger and a samson T-Handle. I use the Lesche in most cases and the T-Handle if I an working fast and it is not a manicured yard. Drag a shovel of any type around in a nice manicured yard and see all the attention you draw! lol NOT good! lol

If in the woods i take a Lesche 38 D relic shovel. very HEAVY DUTY and can knock down small saplings with ease. Its a big shovel and gets the job done quick fast and dirty!

Yea I have a little black and decker shovel that I use in secluded/wooded areas but theres not many areas like that around here where a shovel would be tolerated as we mostly have only manicured/urban parks. At times I feel like I'm in the wrong for even using a little hand trowel lol.

halfstep

May 11, 2010
I have a couple of predator tools, a model 58 long handle shovel and a raptor. The raptor is a great plug cutting, dirt scooping tool. Buy quality, buy once.

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a Fiskars brand digging tool that is very strong that costs about $10. I gave mine to my friend and he likes it a lot....Oh I see someone has pictured it up above...just saw it, very good deal and good tool.
I have been using a jackson 7 in 1 for about 5 years now and it works great and have no problems with it at all, I can cut through most any of the roots I have come across. i picked it up at either Lowes or Home depot. only set me back about $30.

View attachment 748775

huntindog1

Apr 20, 2012
South Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Current: CTX3030
Past: ETRAC Omega 8000, Whites DFX, Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Sabre Plus, Garrett GTA 1000 PM, Fisher CZ6, Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Fiskars is plenty strong , is a great tool for people getting into the hobbie. It will cut thru normal sod like butter.

A person shouldnt be hunting in drought conditions with rock hard dirt as it will leave dead spots and makes a bad name for the sport.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread