Etrec on the beach

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It being a Minelab with more than one frequency, it will work fine in the wet sand too. Just place a baggie over the controls to protect it from any salt spray. Don't close the baggie up or condensation will make it unstable.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It works great on the beach. Wet, Dry, Salt, it handles it all. If you plan on going into the water, I would recommend an Excalibur instead but the Etrac would also be an excellent land machine.

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the help... Ill be selling the F5 right away and getting an etrac

I live on Long Island as well and chose the excal. I love the thing but I'm sure the etrac will do just as fine. I use it more on the beach than land. Good luck to you

Hh

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It being a Minelab with more than one frequency, it will work fine in the wet sand too. Just place a baggie over the controls to protect it from any salt spray. Don't close the baggie up or condensation will make it unstable.

great post! Mine worked well in Florida. CTX even better! :thumbsup:

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
great post! Mine worked well in Florida. CTX even better! :thumbsup:

Bart is selling them, but I am not.... I too would go with the CTX. It is really the first land and sea unit I have seen that works great in and out of the water. I have 4 other detectors, all of which have done well, and I got a CTX 3 weeks ago and love it. Papa

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy sold me his excal because he bought an etrac for the beach . He was killing it with the etrac.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to win some then or have a great discovery before i could a ford
one of those or sale a few off

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread