Made first ever pattern/mode(whatever) on Etrac: 34 degree high 2morrow 4 hunt sigh)

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny the temperature high for tomorrow was supposed to be 37...now it's changed to 34 :BangHead: This coming Friday's high? 50! Ugh don't think I can wait that long so I'm gonna try to brave the cold tomorrow for a bit:metaldetector:. 2 degrees above freezing! I hunted last week when I found some IH's when it was in the low 40's so maybe it won't be too bad.

For the first time I made a pattern and saved it as one of my User Modes:wrench_orange:. I used Combine. I rejected out a little of the pulltab area as I'm am not expecting to find a lot of gold coins or rings and I should be able to pick up most. Also I took out the block out at the top right. I know that is supposed to eliminate some of the deep iron falsing/bouncing from the bottom left in the high Fe area, but I am afraid it would also possibly eliminate some large silver coins, I'll take the chance.Question: Should I lower the Fe line to a higher Fe number? I think I left it about where the factory coins mode has it when I combined some discrimination patterns: around 17ish or so I think. I have read (and I have read/studied a lot) that deep/good coins can have a higher Fe number(of course nails do too)...well any input is great welcome tips etc.:icon_thumleft::thumbsup::icon_thumright:

Jeff in Pa

Feb 26, 2005
Pa
Detector(s) used
I have owned/own the Anfibio Multi, CTX, Etrac, Equinox, SE Pro, EX II, XS, Soveriegn Elite, Garrett Ace 250 and the Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wheat pennies will go as high as 27 on the Ferrous side. Opening that up does allow alot of other things but the Wheats can do weird things with that Ferrous number. If it sounds like a coin and seems to be a coin sized object watch the conductive, if that does not jump around much then dig it.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The conductive is mostly what I watch: I have found a clad dime right next to a rusty nail. The Ferrous was like 36 and the conductive was in the 40's. The 3 IH's I've dug with Etrac have all had a 38 conductive number. I did go hunt again , it was 31 degrees out! Hunted for about 4 hours anyway.I use the SEF 6x8 again and found over 20 coins, all modern and one old toy aluminum ring. What better things might I find by opening the ferrous that low?(or high depending on how you look at it)
Wheat pennies will go as high as 27 on the Ferrous side. Opening that up does allow alot of other things but the Wheats can do weird things with that Ferrous number. If it sounds like a coin and seems to be a coin sized object watch the conductive, if that does not jump around much then dig it.

Jeff in Pa

Feb 26, 2005
Pa
Detector(s) used
I have owned/own the Anfibio Multi, CTX, Etrac, Equinox, SE Pro, EX II, XS, Soveriegn Elite, Garrett Ace 250 and the Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you created the Andy S. pattern? That's the one I mostly use along with a alot of other people. Its a real nice pattern to use that doesn't null out too much unless the iron is real bad. The Etrac works completely different from the Explorers. In many cases the Etrac will work better with some discrimination while the Explorers tend to work better with minimal discrimination used.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you ask,I did it today manually. I used it today and dug 3 silvers(I also dug WAY more nails!) I did modify it a bit with the nail pattern and pulltab pattern, that is I added most of those blocks to the Andy pattern. I did cut off some the top of the nail "column" though so that the lower FE values would register in the CO area that coins tend to show in. All the nails showed up on or around that column with a few bouncing around at to the top of the screen in the 01-40to50 area. Unfortunately I can't get my PC to recognize the Etrac when I attach it with the USB. I haven't really been able to use the Xchange program to do anything. I have been flying through the menus on the Etrac itself though and I am becoming very familiar with it now. File29.jpg
Have you created the Andy S. pattern? That's the one I mostly use along with a alot of other people. Its a real nice pattern to use that doesn't null out too much unless the iron is real bad. The Etrac works completely different from the Explorers. In many cases the Etrac will work better with some discrimination while the Explorers tend to work better with minimal discrimination used.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions