minelab xterra 705 $600 a good price?

sstar269

Oct 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking to buy a new detector and was considering the minelab 705 for the above mentioned price(from kellyco). I guy I talked to made it seem that's a good price for it, but want some expert opinions, and not the salesman's, =D and also, for that price should I consider a different machine that's in the same price range? this will be a my 3rd one, been doing it for a few years ago, last machine was a garrett 250, which was a good starter for me. so any feedback / suggestions are greatly appreciated. thx

For Airborne

Feb 18, 2013
Pskov Russia
Detector(s) used
x-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for the new device it is very good price.In Russia this model costs 900 dollars.

billwnh

Feb 22, 2013
Wolfeboro, NH
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Kellyco ? Is it used by any chance ? The cheapest they are showing for a 705 is $ 729.00. If they quoted you $600 that is a hell of a price and you should grab it quick.

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking to buy a new detector and was considering the minelab 705 for the above mentioned price(from kellyco). I guy I talked to made it seem that's a good price for it, but want some expert opinions, and not the salesman's, =D and also, for that price should I consider a different machine that's in the same price range? this will be a my 3rd one, been doing it for a few years ago, last machine was a garrett 250, which was a good starter for me. so any feedback / suggestions are greatly appreciated. thx

They are listing for $729.00, with most dealers throwing in about $150 in store credits for accessories. This suggests a truer price of about $580.00. So, $600 isn't bad, some may do better.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say go for it
keep the garret for a back up

Wisc.

Mar 5, 2013
Fond du Lac,Wisc.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also going to buy the 705 & been looking all over for the best price. A new 705 from Kellyco for $600.00? New? I'd like to know how you pulled that deal off? Every where I look the basic price is $729.00.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also going to buy the 705 & been looking all over for the best price. A new 705 from Kellyco for $600.00? New? I'd like to know how you pulled that deal off? Every where I look the basic price is $729.00.
All of the manufacturers have an MAP agreement with their dealers. They can't advertise a price lower than the Minimum Advertised Price w/o breaking their agreement, but they can sell it for less if they want to. Contact the dealers directly by phone. Do not just look at prices on the internet or send out e-mails. If they are site sponsors, be sure to mention that you're a site member.

Wisc.

Mar 5, 2013
Fond du Lac,Wisc.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Longhair....being new to this I did not know that. I'll be making some calls.

OP
OP
S

sstar269

Oct 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea, I contacted them directly for the price, and basically just told them I need just the machine, none of the accessories(since I have all that stuff). and they quoted me that price

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread