Sensitivity Questions on Safari...

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Returning to a Minelab machine after a few years, and boy am I glad to be back home ;)

I'm running with the Safari, which is as turn-on-and-go as one can get. So, no problems so far, it's finding the silver, which is its stock in trade. But...

Have a question about the sensitivity settings. Specifically...

I've been hunting in auto sensitivity and have no issues to report. However, wonder if I might gain a bit more depth by going manual instead. So...

Can y'all chime in and explain the exact pluses one would get by using manual sensitivity versus auto? Also, any possible negatives as well.

Finally, please share the appropriate time and/or places in which I would be best served using manual.

Appreciate your input!

OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bump...

If anyone has any advice on the sensitivity settings that would be great. I'm running in auto now but feel as though I could be doing better in manual.

Thanks!

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In manual you can push the limit harder than the machine will on it's own. You can run on the verge of instability, which some feel gets you a touch more depth.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes long hair is correct

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup....I agree

Watch running the old girl HOT....she just may burn up.:laughing7:

dubmurphy

Greenie
May 7, 2012
I always run manual sensitivity. Just be careful not to run it up to high. I get better depth at lower sensitivity in a lot of situations. I usually leave it around ten, just get a feel for it and let the machine tell you where it wants to be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread