Will the excalibur coil now leak ?

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
Been cleaning my old used and abused excalibur II today and found this on the place where the shaft is inserted into the coil :(((

does it mean water can get inside now OR is the upper layer not the only protection ?

I will give it a serious cleaning and will glue it, but plz tell me, how serious is this ?

Yes I know it's my own fault.

Attachments

• DSCN6133.JPG
    DSCN6133.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCN6132.JPG
    DSCN6132.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 152

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I am forwarding this thread to a friend that works on the Excals, either he or I will contact you.... He doesn think it will get in the coil but wants to see the pictures...

OP
OP
Acquisitor

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
thanks!!

it has been like that for some time now, this excl has been used and abused quite a lot :\

I gave it a serious cleaning and glued it all, it now looks much better. and water should not get inside anymore if it ever did.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks!!

it has been like that for some time now, this excl has been used and abused quite a lot :\

I gave it a serious cleaning and glued it all, it now looks much better. and water should not get inside anymore if it ever did.

Hope you used marine epoxy....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread