Malfunctioning Minelab Profind 25 pinpointer

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after using my pinpointer (purchased new) for about 2 months it's starting to malfunction. I have used it heavily but not misused or abused it. It says it can be placed under running water but not submerged (I have never submerged it but have rinsed it quickly) and I have had a piece of Gorilla tape over the speaker hole since day one to keep out water and dirt. So now, about every other time I turn it on it will not react to metal with a signal. It will sometimes make a slight chirp after about 20 seconds and then it starts working OR it will shut itself off. I put a brand new battery in and it still does the same thing. I'm kinda PO'd. These do have a warranty don't they? Can I send it to one of the Minelab facilities here in the USA? I was thinking the closest one to me here in Indiana was in Illinois ...Chicago maybe? Any tips would be helpful. I don't need any Minelab bashing or "The Propointer is so much better" comments just some honest tips or suggestions to get this fixed.???:icon_scratch: Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab stands behind their products. If you don't hear the chirp a few seconds after turning it on, it's not working correctly. Call and leave a message, they generally call back within 24 hours. If you bought it less than 90 days ago, they might send you a prepaid shipping label.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it has been about 2 & 1/2 months. If they don't fix it, it will be a Garrett for me.
Minelab stands behind their products. If you don't hear the chirp a few seconds after turning it on, it's not working correctly. Call and leave a message, they generally call back within 24 hours. If you bought it less than 90 days ago, they might send you a prepaid shipping label.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales and Rentals | Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Lesche and DetectorPro

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will fix it or replace anytime during the three year warranty period. Sometimes in the 1st 90 days, they will prepay shipping by sending you a label.

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing that sucks is that if i send this in I won't have a pinpointer. I can't really afford to buy another one currently.

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing that sucks is that if i send this in I won't have a pinpointer. I can't really afford to buy another one currently.

That is a dilemma, hopefully they are quick with the repair. I bought the Pro Find 25 when I started a few months ago, and love it. However, I bought an E-trac from Bart recently, and among all the freebies was a Garrett pointer, so I am lucky to have a backup if anything ever goes wrong.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fortunately I was able to get a used one and now have left a message with ML in Illinois after several attempts. Hopefully I'll get it to them soon: less than 3 months old!
That is a dilemma, hopefully they are quick with the repair. I bought the Pro Find 25 when I started a few months ago, and love it. However, I bought an E-trac from Bart recently, and among all the freebies was a Garrett pointer, so I am lucky to have a backup if anything ever goes wrong.

Dflint

Tenderfoot
Jul 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pro find also does that or just freaks out and goes off after I pull it outta the hole

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab called me back today while I was out detecting...AND MY PHONE DIED!!! Ironic.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes,well I did get my new used Profind that I bought from a member here and it works great so things are looking up.. This time I covered all the switches AND the speaker hole with Gorilla tape. That stuff holds up to some real abuse. Had a thin piece wrapped over my speaker hole on my old one and it stayed put no problem.

Lol nothing seems to be on your side with this.

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Less than 2 weeks ago I got the Profind sent in (postage paid by Minelab) and got a new replacement today! Great customer service!

deteknix

Jul 22, 2013
Covina, CA
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Pro-pointer
Ace 350
White's 6000DI pro
Rangar
Tesoro Cortes
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Some tips for Pro-find. If you power on when the tip is point to the sky. The sensitivity is higher.
Do not know if it is work on your PF.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread