Lipo for a SOV GT

windage

Apr 3, 2011
Mason-Dixon Line
Detector(s) used
eyes, ears, wet finger in the wind and old willow sticks, when that don't work; Minelabs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the LiPo4 "AA" 4pc with 4 pc "dummies" and charger on ebay for about $25...the Lipo's are 3+ volts and avail anywhere from 750 mah to over 2400mah, so you just use 4 real batteries and 4 dummies, presto, lightweight, long lasting charge on the cheap. Yes, you have to take them out to charge, so, not as convenient as plugging in a pack, but works in the Sovy, the Etrac (vs the $129 Lion pack), the White's PI, the Fisher. I went back and bought more, now they are in everything in my house that takes AA batteries; walkie talkies, cordless phones, flashlights (check your charger type and voltage before you make up a replacement pack for any of these electronics). Even the "E" challanged can do this if you remember to "dilute" the higher voltage Lion or Lipo batteries with equal number of "dummies" to bring the voltage down to what the AAs would be. In the Sovy alky pack; 4 LiPo, 4 dummies.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read many posts on other sites about lipos. They are an excellent power source if you KNOW what you are doing. Lots of bad things can happen if they are charged/discharged improperly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread