Jan 14, 2013
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Tesoro Bandit
White's 6000D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detector is around 4 months old and during the last two trips it seems to be slowly fading in it's ability to go deeper than 2" inches.

Brought it home, re-charged the battery and did a test and it failed to pick up my wedding ring or a silver quater on the surface.

I've tired putting it in auto and still get the same results.

Anyone else have these issues? Does it sound like it's already time to send it in?

Is there a hard reset??

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Try discharging the battery completely by turning your detector on and leaving it alone until the battery is completely dead. Then, recharge it and see if that makes any difference.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure that all cable connections are solid. The GT is a killer machine. Send it in to get repaired. I'll tell you...Once you get the handle on this machine you will use it forever.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before you send it in, clean out the coil cover of any black sand or dirt. Then check it with fresh batteries.

OP
OP
khune

khune

Greenie
Jan 14, 2013
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Tesoro Bandit
White's 6000D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before you send it in, clean out the coil cover of any black sand or dirt. Then check it with fresh batteries.

There was indeed a large amount of sand between the coil and the cover... Charging the battery back up to see if cleaning it out did the trick..

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread