local pawn shop.. minelab

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a helluva deal in my opinion! You could expect to pay around $400 or more on ebay, I believe

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
go back and get it before someone else does!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent price. They are around 700 new, so I'd say around $350 used.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya id ah grab it befor someone else does or ull be kicking urself for not, hey if u dont like it u should still be able to get ur money back & then some . If u can check the serial # & see how old it is WHO knows may have a warrenty left

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If u can check the serial # & see how old it is WHO knows may have a warrenty left
If it's a 70 and not a 705, then there is NO chance of remaining warranty.

IMO, it's a good deal, but not a great one.
I bought an "as new" in the original box 705 two years ago for $300, and that was a great deal.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya figures worth a shot to look im not familiar with that brand so just suggested was all

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's a 70 and not a 705, then there is NO chance of remaining warranty.

IMO, it's a good deal, but not a great one.
I bought an "as new" in the original box 705 two years ago for $300, and that was a great deal.

On minelabs checking S# will not work for age as they do not run in consecutive order....

I talked to Minelab about it already, the CTX 3030 may be different since it is newest, it was not out when I was talking to ML...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
Buddy of mine bought a basically brand new, used once, Explorer I for $400 used on Craigslist. This thing didn't have a mark on it. Didn't look like it had ever even been put together.

Thing is...it worked for about a week before it broke. Minelab said they didn't even have the parts to service it any longer.

All that broke was that the power switch wouldn't turn the machine on. Which is kind of a big deal if you want your machine to run...LOL.

Thankfully, my buddy (who must be pretty handy) was able to install his own push button power switch on the side of the machine. Its worked flawlessly since then. No other problems, but apparently those things must kind of wear out over time, which was crazy because thing was literally used once.

Lady he bought it from said her husband had bought it brand new, was super into detecting, but got really sick and died, never getting a chance to even use it.

Believable since this thing looked like it was never even out of the box.

Either way...that could have turned into a horror story. I wouldn't worry about warranty on a used machine...as opposed to the company (Minelab) not even being willing to take a look at it or try to fix it. That is bad business in my opinion.

I bought an Explorer SE the first year they came out. I've thought many times about the possibility of them just simply stopping to service them as well when they make another one or in like 5 years from now. Man that would piss me off. If the companies aren't willing to fix your machine...it just forces you to buy a new one.

DH24

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a heck of a deal. If you were a Charter Member you could list it in Classified section if you wanted to sell it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Like Sandman said that is a good deal.............. I got some good detectors at pawn shops ....... At pawn shops i go to they let you try them out at the shop ......... Were on Ebay you don't get to try it out till you pay for it and get it home......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread