Putting a new connector on a WOT coil for the Sovereign

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
I have an old Excal that just lays around these days...it has been wired with a WOT coil. I would like to remove the WOT and place a Sovereign connector on it. Does anyone know the pin to color sequence for the WOT/ Sovereign? The information for the Excal is readily available, but I can't find anything on wiring the WOT to the Sovereign. Thanks in advance.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not use the Excalibur the way it is or sell it to buy a WOT coil already wired for a Sov? I'm actually looking into adding a WOT to an Excalibur. Great ground coverage, depth, and sensitivity to small targets.

OP
OP
H

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
Why not use the Excalibur the way it is or sell it to buy a WOT coil already wired for a Sov? I'm actually looking into adding a WOT to an Excalibur. Great ground coverage, depth, and sensitivity to small targets.

The Excal in question is a very early Gary Storm model, serial number 186. It still works great, with fantastic depth and the sweetest of tones, but Minelab will not service it if it stops working and I would like to keep it operational to show to friends. I think I am going to put the old Seasearch horseshoe coil back on and just hang her on the wall.

By the way, though, you are absolutely right. The Excal/ WOT combination is fantastic---unbelievable depth in the wet sand and good sensitivity to smaller, high conductors. My old gal will detect a half-reale cob easily down to about 6 inches or so. IMHO that is fantastic for such a small target. On larger targets it is crazy deep---in pinpoint it is deeper than most pulse machines. Of course in deeper salt water, or in real bad black sand, the performance drops off some, but, in general it is an awesome combination.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread