XTerra 30 Coil Question ... needing clarification ...

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
I've been told by numerous members from the "other" forum , I would say it's name but let's see if you can FINDS it . Anyways they said the XTerra 30 only takes one frequency 7.5 kHz coils . But I was under the impression that VFlex Technology was the ability to run another and that the coil computer and the main control computer "talked" to each other and match it . ( if it was programed too ) So in Metaldetectorreviews.net it discribes the XTerra 30 has the abitity to also use the 18.75 kHz coils as well .

It shown below . So can anybody tell me if it does ? Who should I believe ? Has anyone used a 18.75 on a XTerra 30 or tried one ?
It would be nice to have this clarified because I'm confused ... Happy Trails , Woodstock

[h=1]Minelab X-Terra 30[/h]Submit a new review
Submit a helpful tip
xterra30.jpg
Compare to ▼

Avg. Score:
stars-4-0.gif
Number of Reviews: 14
Approximate price: $450
Manufactured date: 2005
Battery type: 4 AA
Weight: 3.1 Lbs.
Operating frequency: 7.5, 18.75 kHz.
Display: Yes
Backlight: No
Target ID: Numeric+Icons
Tone ID: 3 Tones
Search Modes:
  • Motion Detector
  • Pinpoint
Ability to change coils: Yes
Ground balance: Auto
Waterproof: Coil only
Warranty: 2 Years

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 30 is limited to only 7.5kHz. The 305 can run 18.75 & 7.5.
Check out page 71 of the manual.
Xterra 30/50 Manual

SmartCoil technology involves a bit more than communicating the coil frequency to the machine. Among other things it is involved with Noise Cancel and TID accuracy. The Xterra series utilizes more digital technology than any other machine.

Unless you're hunting for gold, lead, pewter, or other low conductors speciffically, the MFcoils will be a better choice than HF coils anyway. They have the most honest TIDs due to having uniform target bin segments accross the entire detection range. And that frequency will hit all coins well, on top of getting a tiny bit deeper.

Invest in an MF DD coil. It will renew your old sites, and can be run on a 505 or 705 when you upgrade to a 3kHz capable machine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
Thanks for the final word . I'm running the stock 9" coil this season and but if I can get a nicely used 10.5" ML/DD coil or something similar real reasonable this year I will . Or it'll have to wait till next season .
But you can see why I asked caused of the review information , I needed to be sure . Thanks , Woodstock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread