minelab ctx3030 finds more goodies

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030,Fisher f75, Whites DFX with Sunray probe, Fisher gold bug 2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche hand shovel, Raven from Predator tools. Detectors I used to use: Minelab explorer se, Fisher f
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dug a silver ring using minelab ctx 3030 only 4 inches deep, and ww1 army toy same depth, no markings on toy or ring, but ring has a nice sound when you drop in on a table top, and detector also said it was silver. I still have to run a magnet over toy to see if its iron or lead, I also dug 6 wheaties oldest being 1915 and newest was 1950 and 1.75 in clad. Didn't take pictures of clad or wheats.

20130611_184856-1.jpg

ForumRunner_20130612_082146.png

ForumRunner_20130612_082207.png

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I am able to hold off on the 3030 so far but feel it is indeed a detector to have.

OP
OP
dirtfishingdave

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030,Fisher f75, Whites DFX with Sunray probe, Fisher gold bug 2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche hand shovel, Raven from Predator tools. Detectors I used to use: Minelab explorer se, Fisher f
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So far, I have used a variety of different types of detectors. From garrett ace 250, fisher f2, f70, f75, whites dfx, minelab explorer se, fisher gold bug2. And now the ctx3030, I really like all the features of the ctx. The gps is cool, I marked old foundations on a map and plugged them into ctx and it took me right to it. Also like that its waterproof and I was afraid at first about the weight 5.2 lbs but I have to say that so far it hasn't tired me out yet. Well balanced machine. Swung it for 6 hrs on sunday and didn't get tired. Hefty price tag, but so far I can't complain about it. Can't wait to dig some more with it. I also like the lithium ion battery on it, no more burning up AA batteries!

OP
OP
dirtfishingdave

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ctx3030, I forgot mention about WM module, that is awesome, instead of using the headphones that cover your entire ear and head I have an adapter for my earbuds and just run the wires up my shirt so I don't get tangled on any branches when I walk through the woods. It really is an awesome machine. Before I had the ctx and it would rain I wasn't able to go detecting, now it rains and I am out there digging. Nice not having to worry about the detector malfunctioning because of rain!!

OP
OP
dirtfishingdave

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dug my second silver ring this week using the ctx3030, although It looks like its missing a stone. :(

ForumRunner_20130614_221420.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread