WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my CTX made it back from the repair shop. Looks like they did NOTHING but replace the gasket and it does not look like that was replaced. The Battery was not even replaced as it was flooded. when I sent my Garrett in for a simple plug replacement they sent me a BRAND NEW UNIT!!!! Thumbs down to Minelab for customer no service!!!! I am keeping my repair report on file and if the battery fails or gasket fails again I WILL DEMAND A NEW UNIT!!!! You did not even open the detector up to see if water got inside or replace the rechargeable battery.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would they give you a new detector if the battery was bad?
The detector is sealed from the battery compartment so you wouldn't need a new Detector.
If water got in the Detector it wouldn't be turning on so why would they open the Detector to check for water? I would think you would see moisture on the inside of the screen too.

Well my CTX made it back from the repair shop. Looks like they did NOTHING but replace the gasket and it does not look like that was replaced. The Battery was not even replaced as it was flooded. when I sent my Garrett in for a simple plug replacement they sent me a BRAND NEW UNIT!!!! Thumbs down to Minelab for customer no service!!!! I am keeping my repair report on file and if the battery fails or gasket fails again I WILL DEMAND A NEW UNIT!!!! You did not even open the detector up to see if water got inside or replace the rechargeable battery.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Battery is sealed, battery compartment is sealed... Fresh water did no damage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Battery is sealed, battery compartment is sealed... Fresh water did no damage. Why would you expect new detector.

How do you know detector wasn't opened during repair?

Last edited:
OP
OP
WildDigger

WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would they give you a new detector if the battery was bad?
The detector is sealed from the battery compartment so you wouldn't need a new Detector.
If water got in the Detector it wouldn't be turning on so why would they open the Detector to check for water? I would think you would see moisture on the inside of the screen too.

Never said I needed a new detector. I said Garrett did just for a plug change. I have been trying to find out if the battery WAS sealed and if it was the the fresh water would not have hurt it like salt would have. And no the screen is separate from the computer also. Just wires to it and I did not let it sit long enough to see if water traveled up the wires. But they called me back and it has all been taken care of now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread