Head phones for ctx 3030 wireless module.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any headphones with the same jack should work with the wireless module. Or you use earbuds with a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter from Radio Shack.
Your Koss headphones should be under warranty.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As said, any with a 1/4" jack or any 1/8" with the adapter. Most of the time in warmer weather I prefer earbuds and just use an adapter.

Plenty of decent earbuds for under $40.00. I have the $150.00 Sunray Pro's and on the CTX I do not find the higher cost equals better results than the earbuds provide. CTX offers more control of Audio than many other detectors, and can be tailored very well to equipment used and one's preferences. Headphone have advantages in noisy areas with their ability to block out more of the background if safe to do so.

All of us have different hearing ability, auditory discrimination and needs; so only you can make the right choice for you.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What head phones, other than the koss ur-30, will function with the wireless module? Mine are tearing up at the plug from bending etc. If no other head phones will fit does anyone have any koss ur-30's you are willing to part with.

All detector headphones will work but look at the Sun Ray CTX phones so they will work with the wireless module or plugged in direct to the machine.

Sun Ray CTX 3030 headphones

MongoLloyd

Mar 20, 2012
Mendocino County, CA
Detector(s) used
NEW DETECTOR: Minelab CTX-3030
Garrett AT Pro w/ Black Widow headphones; Garrett Pro-point; Lesche digger; "The Bomb #2" Sheath
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use Black Widows and they work great. I did buy a pair of Philips earbuds (around $10) at Mal-Wart. They have the around-the-ear plastic to keep them secured in place. Those, with the 1/4" adapter, work even better. I don't miss the weight or the extra heat of the full-sized headsets. I have used the earbuds long enough now to see, from my actual hunt records, that my find rates have not been adversely affected by the change. In fact, I am finding a little more with the earbuds.
For winter, I will likely use the Black Widows. For summer, unless at the beach or in an extremely noisy environment, the earbuds are the deal.

iukams

Dec 26, 2009
Iuka,MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Ace 150, GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What head phones, other than the koss ur-30, will function with the wireless module? Mine are tearing up at the plug from bending etc. If no other head phones will fit does anyone have any koss ur-30's you are willing to part with.

My koss headphones are doing the same thing. It really sux because I bought the ctx 9 months ago and already looking for replacement headphones.

OP
OP
roundhat

roundhat

Oct 22, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Bought Mine less time than that....I have been so busy in the last couple weeks i havn't had time to check with minelab.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the earbuds with the 1/4 to 1/8 reducer in the summer with the wireless device. I also use a set of RatPhones with the wireless and the hard jack on the detector. One complaint I have with the CTX-3030 is that a right angle plug used on the detector can rotate and pull out because the detector body around the HP jack is not flat all around it.

Ed D.

BillC.

Jan 29, 2013
All detector headphones will work but look at the Sun Ray CTX phones so they will work with the wireless module or plugged in direct to the machine. Sun Ray CTX 3030 headphones
Are the Sun Ray CTX headphones really worth the price? How does the audio response compare to the Koss headphones included with the CTX-3030? On that note, how do the Detector Pro Uniprobe headphones compare to the Sun Ray and, can the Uniprobe be used with the CTX? Is the Uniprobe any better than the Garrett Pro Pointer? --Thanks for this info.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same thing happened to my Koss headphones after the first 6 weeks. I ended up having to hold the headphone jack with my left hand during the entire hunt. I bought Black Widows and they work well. You couldn't give me a pair of the Koss-30 headphones because of the plug issue and they kept sliding off my head when I sweat.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the Sun Ray CTX headphones really worth the price? How does the audio response compare to the Koss headphones included with the CTX-3030? On that note, how do the Detector Pro Uniprobe headphones compare to the Sun Ray and, can the Uniprobe be used with the CTX? Is the Uniprobe any better than the Garrett Pro Pointer? --Thanks for this info.

Either one of those headphones are an improvement over the stock Koss phones. The high sounds are not as crisp with the Koss vs the Sunray or Detector Pro headphones. The nice part about the Sunray CTX 3030 phones is you can use them both in the wireless module or directly into the detector. Other phones will only work with the wireless module, as they will not shut off the speaker in the CTX 3030. When you use them sound is heard in both the speaker and the headphones. That would include the Uniprobe you mentioned....

As for the Uniprobe's performance versus the Garrett, the Uniprobe has more depth and better performance in mineralized soils due to its pulse induction operating characteristics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions