Trying to get the right minelab detector for gold nuggets and meteorites

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan to do a lot of gold nuggets and meteorite hunting and looking for a minelab detector without paying a fortune.

I have used GP extreme and found good gold at the mine i ran but am now disabled and can not handle that size detector plus the GP does not discriminate nickel that is needed to tell if you have a meteorite and not a old WW2 bomb(found more then one live aircraft bomb over the years)

I am looking for a lighter machine with very good depth like the GP extreme and with nickel discriminating.

I have had a goldmaster v-sat for many years but its just does not find the deep gold and has no nickel discrimination

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on how deep ur pockets r theres the minelab gpx 5000,gpx 4800, & the Eureka gold all of which are very good at finding gold

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
A

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looking for something deeper then the goldmaster i have a V-Sat and have got a lot of gold with it
but so do many others have detectors with about the same depth range many good areas are worked out to that depth.

I had a Fisher Gold Bug II at the mine i worked.
yes its very good for very small gold that is not very deep. many areas i work have been cleaned out of this small gold.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried an XTerra 705 gold? It would be way lighter than a GPX.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it the weight of the detector that is the issue or the battery that you have to carry that goes with it ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread