EXCALIBUR COIL CABLE

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my shaft apart and wrap the bottom then using the same pattern wrap the top as it is almost together then continue the pattern, once I had it wrapped I used small black tie wraps to hold it in place, making sure not to get them too tight.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never wrap my coil wires since I neck mount all my detectors to save weight on the arm. I run my wire down the side to save water resistance up to the handle where it is then loose to come to my controls at my chest.

As for wrapping, there are two ways. Wrap the cable or rotate the shaft.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman,

Im curious, you dont wrap any of the cable? On my excal I wrap it to about 6 inches above where it connects to my Fla straight Shaft, from there it goes to my Minelab wasit belt. I tie wrap it to the holder so there is a loop and no strain or pull on the cable at the connections. Since I have it on the waist holder I dont have a lot of cable to wrap either. The Fla Shaft allows me to reach deeper in the cuts in troughs when I am in the water so I still like using it.

I am always open to better ways to do anything so I appreciate your input.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter,

I don't wrap any cable on my straight shaft. It runs up the left side and is taped about every few inches all the way to the handle where it comes to my control box on my chest. I find I have ample length mounted this way and can reach the controls if I need to easily. I never liked the controls anywhere on the pole even at my elbow because of the extra weight.

The only real downside is when you are tired and quit for the day you may not tuck all the cable inside the trunk before you slam the lid. :'(

Sandman

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of tape are you using that is waterproof?

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
Walmart sell duct tape that is waterproof,called heavy duty tape,same size roll as duct tape.I had it in my hand today for my excalibur an sat it down to shake a friend's hand,an walmart still has it.Short term memory.Hope i never run into a friend at the beach with my detector.. Ronald99

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron, you sound like me, maybe that's really why my Excal is strapped to be with a bungie. ;D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use normal electrical tape for securing the cable wire. A bungee keeps the detector near my side. At some locations it may be to your advantage to tone down the nice looks of the nice detector and secure it with duct tape to make it look junkie.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread