GET ALL THE POTENTIAL FROM YOUR CTX 3030

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Listen guys me and my cousin detect almost everyday, and I want to share this little story with you fellas and LADIES on an incident that happened to me when I first got my ctx! Before it I was using a dfx an etrac and an atpro, I got my ctx and first thing I did was hit print on the manual after I ordered the machine! I think I read my manual 3 times before it was ever delivered and I'm glad I did! So my cousin and I are at this old 1800's house and he hits an iffy target and digs using his atpro.. Turns out to be a barber, now mind you I'm running wide open in combined ferrous coin, and he tells me to go over the iffy before digging and tell him what I think! Long story short the ctx misses the target or so I think! In was just a silent hit!!! NO AUDIO BUT IT DID VDI!!! you need to understand your machine if you read nothing else in your manual read your target separation stuff beginning on page 41! Quick rundown in ferrous-coin it allows you to hear multiple targets under the coil....IN THEORY... But it doesn't always work,, which is why I use my own type of reverse hunting technique!! In HIGH TRASH target separation your machine will cancel out most large rejected targets and hit on the smaller target that's accepted IE big piece of iron (rejected) laying a 1/4 inch from a standing liberty half dollar (accepted) most machines might miss this type of masking!! How ever by hunting your site in combined mode ferrous coin wide open your running a type of clean up, your going through (WITH A SLOW SWING SPEED) and picking up and digging all of your good signals and even iffys!!!! Now reverse hunt switch your machine into your favorite jewelry coin disc pattern and into combined high trash and even slower work you site a second time In atleast 2 direction 4 if you have the time!!! Folks I guarantee you you will 96% of the time if you do it correctly grab 96% of the great or good items and extract them from your soil!!! READ YOUR MANUALS!! Get time behind your machine that's why you paid the money you paid to have the best! But you have to learn how to use it! If you have any other questions for me check out my videos on you tube I have 5 releasing this week!! I hope this helps someone!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread