Excal 2 waterproof earbuds mod

altao

Dec 14, 2010
Hi fellow detectors, I started detecting back in 2010, but stopped shortly after that. MIssed it but I had to go overseas due to family illness issues. I want to get back to doing this again, and would really appreciate a little help here. I have been looking for a "how to" on the earbuds mod for the excal II, and couldn't really find one. I see impedance issues and 2 or 3 cables to solder etc...

I am not concerned about voiding warranty, and not interested in big headsets, just underwater earbuds. I know a few have done it successfully, but unfortunately I am not a techie and kind of need solid how to tips on this. Any ideas? Earbuds make, impedance, soldering what cables, pictures...?
I appreciate any hints or help here. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I just did a set for a forum member for his CTX, similar to the Excalibur. I would recommend getting a good water proof set and buying one of my endcaps so you can reinstall the stock head phones if you have any issues down the road. I can say this, the set I did I was amazed they worked. The wires in those things are so small but when finished the worked real nice. I took no pictures but the set I used was H2o's, small wires are the draw back. Good luck...joe

OP
OP
A

altao

Dec 14, 2010
Thanks for the info. Exactly what I want to do. Will sen u p. mail
Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread