Metal Detecting in San Diego

1poll1

Jan 4, 2009
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Whites Vision (one of the first ones out).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
1poll1, I'm not in San Diego part of the state, but will take a stab at the "laws" part of your question.

It's too broad. You haven't said whereabouts in San Diego you want to hunt. You know, land can be owned by multiple different entities: Federal, state, county, city, and private. And even within each of those categories is different types of sub-categories of land. Eg.: not all federal land is federal PARK land. Not all state land is "park" land, and so forth. (so you can't uniformly say, for example, that "all federal land is a no-no" or "all state land is a no-no", and so forth.). So your question needs to be refined.

I'll tell you this in the meantime though: All the beaches down there (which are primarily state-managed) are open game. No one's ever been hassled at any of the state beaches in all of CA. Even though they are *technically* a part of the CA parks dept. (same dept. that over sees the land parks, is the same dept. that manages their beaches too, afterall). But for whatever reason, it's never been an issue, and you can detect till your arms fall off at state of CA beaches.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you get to town, give me a yell. As Tom mentioned, a lot will depend on where you want to hunt and what you're looking to find. We have a local detecting club and you're welcome to attend as a guest.

OP
OP

1poll1

Jan 4, 2009
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Whites Vision (one of the first ones out).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Cudamark. Just let me know how to get ahold of you when I get in town.

1Poll1

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread