SE Pro test

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a little testing with the pro and my T2 in test garden.

Wheatie buried at 6".....both strong signal.

Dime at 8"(flat) Pro strong signal. T2 no signal. (raised coil on the pro a couple inches and still got dime signal.)

Dime and nail buried at 8". Iron mask worked well with pro. T2 gave an unstable reading mostly in the nickel range.

Quarter buried on edge at 8"....Both machines got good signal...

Sensitivity at 80 on the T2 and sensitivity at 26 on the pro.....still a lot of testing to do.....

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they are freshly buried neither machine will hit them as good. Give them a few years and see how accurate the Minelab SE Pro becomes! ;)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, air tests and freshly buried targets can be misleading as to what they'll do in the "real" world of detecting. It would be better to take them both on an outing where there are targets at various depths and have been buried for years. Compare the two on each target and then dig them up to see how accurate each detector is.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have an sepro but I do have an xs and a t2. The t2 hits coins very deep but id is all over the place. The other day I was hunting a yard with Wheaties averaging 7 to 8 inches and iding as pulltabs.

OP
OP
m bryan

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carried the T2 and the Pro out lately...got a solid hit with the T2 ringing up from 81-83 which usually means an old copper penny or dime....tried it with the pro and got a weak iron signal. Switched from smart find to numbers screen and got the same. While digging the target I was hoping it wasn't a coin...lol...It was an old metal ring from a harness...taking a while to getting to know the machine......just wish the pro was as light as the T2...lol

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think once you learn the Pro you'll leave the T2 in the closet for a loaner. Did you change avatars? I do too from time to time!

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
I've changed the way I do a test garden.
The old way was a basic hole like in the field. Cut a plug and dig out all the dirt.
Now I get a square shovel, dig/cut a deep 4 sided square and pull the whole one piece out so it looks like a cement block. A 12" x 12", and put whatever object in the middle of the hole and put the block back in. Of course when I do this the ground is bone dry so it doesn't crumble apart. 3 holes total, 8", 10" and 11".
Much more accurate than digging dirt out and filling it back in.
Done this with my Explorer SE w/Pro coil, GTI 2500 and my Outlaw. The Explorer and the Outlaw are about even, but I give the Explorer the edge on small targets and the GTI can't compete at 10".

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carried the T2 and the Pro out lately...got a solid hit with the T2 ringing up from 81-83 which usually means an old copper penny or dime....tried it with the pro and got a weak iron signal. Switched from smart find to numbers screen and got the same. While digging the target I was hoping it wasn't a coin...lol...It was an old metal ring from a harness...taking a while to getting to know the machine......just wish the pro was as light as the T2...lol
T T
Two completely different types of detectors. I hunt an old ghost town where the explorer struggles with all the iron, so I bought the t2se. They have not plowed yhe site yet but other similar sites I've hunted with explorer and going back with t2 shows how different they are by finding old iron tools, scissors and horse tack that the explorer ignores.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions