OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont care for harness myself but this one actually works. Evans video shows all you need to know.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It still looks like you need to fumble around hooking and unhooking the bungee on each target. That to me looks annoying.

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It still looks like you need to fumble around hooking and unhooking the bungee on each target. That to me looks annoying.

True, but with a bit of practice you can get as good as Evan in his video! lol Me I have banana fingers. You should see my type on a smart phone! ;)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the arthritis that I have, it's might not be that easy. I can hardly handle a set of keys without dropping them a couple of times!

upfishcreek

Greenie
Nov 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bart. I'm trying to get a better idea of the belt on the thing. Being ex-military it looks rather comfortable actually but is the belt wide or narrow? The holster for the ML pinpointer is so narrow, I really don't know what they were thinking.is that harness belt too wide. Or is the belt wide with narrow attaching points? I have my pinpointer and an old digger with a wider loop and say a canteen and a pouch etc. are there enough connection points ? Thanks.

I've watched it again and I'm assuming I can attach the skinny loop on that holster on that wide belt somehow. Must be little Velcro strips or something.

Last edited:

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have mine since they came out and have found it to be an awesome accessory! There's really no need to unattach the bungie during each dig, but it's really nothing more than a flick of the wrist to unhook it. There are a lot of different ways to hook gear to the harness, but you would be wise to think about each piece of gear and where you might attach it.

attachment.php

upfishcreek

Greenie
Nov 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Hoosierguy. I guess my concern is I buy it and the belt is three inches wide, and the minelab pinpointer holster has a 2 inch opening on it. Then it actually won't fit on the belt. I don't think that would be an oversight on ML's part but it seems like the little details get overlooked at times. Just ensuring my gear will fit before buying it. Thanks. It looks great. Pull an all dayer with that. Water. Energy bars. Extra batteries etc. pouch with bug juice :-). Too cool.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Hoosierguy. I guess my concern is I buy it and the belt is three inches wide, and the minelab pinpointer holster has a 2 inch opening on it. Then it actually won't fit on the belt. I don't think that would be an oversight on ML's part but it seems like the little details get overlooked at times. Just ensuring my gear will fit before buying it. Thanks. It looks great. Pull an all dayer with that. Water. Energy bars. Extra batteries etc. pouch with bug juice :-). Too cool.

That's a valid concern...I guess it depends on which piece of gear you want most :)

If it were me, I would find ways to attach the gear to the vest through modifications. The vest is not the be-all-end-all of gear, but it does a great job at what it was designed to do (transfer weight of your detector to make it less fatiguing)

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have mine since they came out and have found it to be an awesome accessory! There's really no need to unattach the bungie during each dig, but it's really nothing more than a flick of the wrist to unhook it. There are a lot of different ways to hook gear to the harness, but you would be wise to think about each piece of gear and where you might attach it.

Great post and thanks! Yes there are ways to get the pro find on there.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got mine today Tuesday after placing my order with Bart Sunday. Thanks Bart, now at is customer service and quick shipping! I now have a new favorite supplier.
I set it up and had to make a few adjustments but it fits great and worked great so far. I only used it briefly but it works.
As far as attachments, i attached my garrett pro pointer and lesche digger on the same side with no problems. I will probably attach a buck knife or my leatherman on the other side and still have attachment places open. I plan on going out later this week and will post an update after i have used it several hours.
It appears well made and is sturdy, not obstructive to my movements and doesnt look bad when worn. Now to attach a water bottle or so,e type of hydration system.
Gerry

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got mine today Tuesday after placing my order with Bart Sunday. Thanks Bart, now at is customer service and quick shipping! I now have a new favorite supplier.
I set it up and had to make a few adjustments but it fits great and worked great so far. I only used it briefly but it works.
As far as attachments, i attached my garrett pro pointer and lesche digger on the same side with no problems. I will probably attach a buck knife or my leatherman on the other side and still have attachment places open. I plan on going out later this week and will post an update after i have used it several hours.
It appears well made and is sturdy, not obstructive to my movements and doesnt look bad when worn. Now to attach a water bottle or so,e type of hydration system.
Gerry

Glad you happy Gerry!

The ability to have a do it all harness makes detecting nice!

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am looking at this harness. I spend all my time in wet sand or the ocean. Would this harness hold up while in saltwater?

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't have any metal parts so it's not going to corrode,if that's the question. Otherwise,it's a quality piece,if it's your body or this harness,I'll take the harness. I don't hunt water but use it inland all the time with the CTX and Explorer. It is incredibly useful. It takes 15-20 minutes to adjust it exactly right. When you get it correct you'll get pretty happy,I think. It takes quite a bit to make me happy and the harness makes my detecting just about effortless,which makes me happy. I don't have a horse in the race,so do what you like,but I recommend it highly.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

attachment.php

I wish the belt was longer.

beendetected

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks more comfy than my old Army webbing

Sent by carrier pigeon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread