Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am loving the machine so far,very user friendly for a newbie as far as the settings and features go but I'm not getting the hang of pinpointing very well but then again,the dirt has been like dust the two or three times I've gotten to test it out.What am I doing wrong and where exactly am I supposed to be pinpointing to? The direct center of the coil? The coil is the stock one that comes with the detector.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might check out You Tube on your video.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Produce Guy. The videos I looked at weren't much help on where to pinpoint exactly.Don't know if I'm supposed to be dead center in the middle of the coil or what. Maybe I should read the instruction booklet again but I seem to learn by doing.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A quote from pg.64 of Randy Horton's e-book explains pretty well.
Pinpoint Auto​
After getting an initial target signal, press the Pinpoint pad and slowly sweep across the target from multiple directions. The Pinpoint Auto Mode will progressively mask the target response by automatically reducing the Sensitivity with each pass of the coil. This will allow theX-TERRA to create a very narrow target response.If you take a look at the Pinpoint icon in the display, you will see a circular scale that becomes more complete as the center of the coil passes overthe target. When using a Concentric coil, I prefer to sweep the coil in a series of multi-directional X’s, slowly reducing the size of my sweep until I am confident that I have centered the target under the coil. When using a Double-D coil, I prefer to sweep back and forth over the target, slowly drag the coil toward my feet, getting farther from the target center with each sweep. When the target audio disappears, the target can generally be located directly off the front tip of the coil.​

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A most excellent description,thank you.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A quote from pg.64 of Randy Horton's e-book explains pretty well.

You and Randy are the MEN when it comes to the X-Terra's. Your posts really help a lot of us! ;)

SavageHunter

May 29, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Xterra 705, Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and Randy are the MEN when it comes to the X-Terra's. Your posts really help a lot of us! ;)

I completely agree! No one knows the xterra like longhair and Randy! Longhair's posts have been extremely helpful to me and I'm sure they have helped others also!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Bart, but Randy is "Da Man!"
I'm just an enthusiastic student. :icon_study:

Both of your guys posts and very helpful and are a HUGE assets. We appreciate guys like you! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions