Wireless headphones for x terra 705

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am interested in wireless headphones for my 705. I have some kay birds for listing to music while working out and could possibly use them with a transmitter if there isnt a big lag in transmission.
Anyone try anything like this or know of headphones that are designed to be wireless with a transmitter included?

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several. Google "kleer technology" headphones and you'll find reference to TDK WR700, Auvio 33-283, Rapoo, etc...

You can try the ones that you have, but don't be suprised if they have too much lag.

FWIW, I've been wireless for the last three years. I'll never go back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the Tdk ones. I believe he ya re over the ear. I never wore over the ear ones so i dont know if they would be comfortable for me or now. I did find a pair for less than 120.
Which ones do you use?

Last edited:
OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like the ones you use are no longer made. I am hoping so,eone here uses the Tdk with a 705 so i know there isnt an interference problem like others had with other detector brands.

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Longhair thanks for your help. I wasnt sure if you had used these with your 705 or not. Iw as waiting to see if anyone had but no one said they had. I went ahead and ordered a set. It seems trying to find any wireless headphones that come with a transmitter and uses kleer technology is impossible. Thanks for the help.
Gerry

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There aren't a lot, but kleer technology sets are the only ones that don't have a noticable lag....and they're worth it.

I've not heard of anyone having problems with the TDKs, just that most are reluctant to lay out the $. So instead they spend as much or more for a set of Pro Golds or other dedicated detecting phones and remain tethered to their machine.

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My tdk's will be here by week end and i will then be cordless.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
TDK will also work on a 705.
P5315968.jpg

ivanll

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, thats all i wanted to know is if anyone knew for sure if they worked with the 705

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased and just received my tdk headsets and set them up. The sound is great and i had no problem at all with them. I went to radio shack and got an angled adaptor and used Velcro to attach the transmitter to the back of my detector. The headphones make my $80.00 wired headphones feel and sound like a child's toy.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll never look back.
The only time that I'm wired in the field anymore, is when I'm in the water.

Tasmorn

Jun 9, 2013
Laplace, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Nox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, out of all the wireless listed here I found the tdk... but are from china, on ebay ... amazon has some but used and doesn't show transmitter... should I go with the rapoo's? Also my 6in digger coil will be in on the 4th from Bart's ... Thanks for the fast shipping.

Tasmorn

Jun 9, 2013
Laplace, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Nox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the coil thanks Bart for the fast shipping and the best price and service !

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, out of all the wireless listed here I found the tdk... but are from china, on ebay ... amazon has some but used and doesn't show transmitter... should I go with the rapoo's? Also my 6in digger coil will be in on the 4th from Bart's ... Thanks for the fast shipping.
Tas, I got three sets, one was listed on ebay and amazon the other two were only listed on ebay, but I got all of them from ebay. They were either used very little or purchased by the seller and only opened but not used. I have no problem with any of the ones I got. I do not know if these are still sold new, check the TDK website. I looked into the rapoo's being sold an they are blue tooth but not the same technology so they have more lag which I don't notice on the TDK's ask the amazon seller what come with the headset they have listed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread