Etrac coils?

DurkaDigger

Apr 15, 2013
AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 & XP Deus with a Whites TRX and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Etrac should be in tomorrow. I am already looking at better coils for trash sites like old homes sites with a ton of nails. I have heard good things about the 8x6 SEF. Can anyone advise if this is a better coils for trashy sites or if their are better.

I live in Alabama where the soil is pretty bad so I am worried about going to small on the coil but I was reading it would help with separation .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are planning on being in some heavily trashed sites, you need a 5 inch coil like the sunray X-5.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never used the 8x6 SEF, but can vouch for the Sunray X5 that Jason mentioned... its a hot little coil, with excellent seperation - and my personal favorite when running the Etrac in trashy areas.

Another option coming soon may be the Coiltek 6" - but its not out just yet (mid October). I'm really interested to see how this new coil stacks up to the Sunray.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also use the 5X10 Coiltek Joey with good success in junky areas. Along with 2 tone ferrous and a real slow sweep, it can pick good targets from the bad.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are planning on being in some heavily trashed sites, you need a 5 inch coil like the sunray X-5.

Agreed! I have tried them all and the Sun Ray X-5 is by far the most stable and has best quality control.

paul cee

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2013
Lincolnshire
Detector(s) used
minelab Etrac
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i use the 6X8" Sef coil on my etrac and it really does work well, although at a cost which is Depth. but it sure works well.

OP
OP
D

DurkaDigger

Apr 15, 2013
AL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have my sunray x-5 on the way from Bart.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its a great coil! Only two I use is it and the stock coil. Those two will cover just about any situation!

OP
OP
D

DurkaDigger

Apr 15, 2013
AL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart you were right! I got to hunt that trashy area and pulled coins that were missed by the ATP and the Etrac stock coil. The X-5 is amazing and everyone should own one!

I am VERY VERY happy !!!!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart you were right! I got to hunt that trashy area and pulled coins that were missed by the ATP and the Etrac stock coil. The X-5 is amazing and everyone should own one!

I am VERY VERY happy !!!!

Great! I have many hours with the X-5 on the end of my Minelab E-Trac. When I told you it and the stock coil are all I use I wasn't kidding you, its a good one! I wont sell you junk! ;)

OP
OP
D

DurkaDigger

Apr 15, 2013
AL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I no longer dig nails unless I pass them by on the way to the good stuff deeper in the hole. If anyone is buying an Etrac I highly recommend getting this coil .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions