Best CTX 3030 settings?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every situation and beach is different. I would make SURE you have sea water turned on for the Minelab CTX 3030 whatever program you run.

OP
OP
M

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for responding Bart !

WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I in a full wide open settings with ground balance off for land and water. It hits better I think.

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use an open screen for pattern1 and set DISC pattern2 as below (for when DISC is needed). I'm in combined mode with the tone bins as below. The lowest tone is set for the bottom bin and the near highest for the silver bin. If you use DISC it can quiet the unwanted audio but it makes distinguishing targets more difficult as you get truncated high tones from iron popping in. In other words, you lose sensitivity in unmasking non-ferrous next to ferrous. When the audio bins are set up correctly the audio will give a higher tone for most valuable non-ferrous and low tones can be ignored (except along 12Fe +/- 5, that's worth investigating).

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use about the same settings except I have been using FE-coin since I'm in an area with good soil. Ground- coin is supposed to be deeper in mineralized conditions.

ShOwStOpp3r

Sep 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
people can make supertweaked settings for the CTX and offer them as downloads for other CTX users?,,,i read somewhere about a "gonehunting' tweak that was supposed to be really nice..
be fun to try others setups and compare them,,especially for relatively new users of the CTX or hobby...i dont own a CTX but being able to swap setup's i think would be a fun addition to the CTX...

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are no BEST Settings.
You need to put your time in with the Machine for the type of Hunting you do.
Every area around the world can act different so someone that has their best settings in CA won't work in CT.

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As everyone else is saying, every soil/sand is different. You can be on the same 1 acre plot and have to change settings depending on the composition and trash. Just takes time learning the unit as I'm learning.

Cory

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread