JIM FLYNN

Tenderfoot
Dec 29, 2012
north east Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal 2 CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called about a week ago to the minelab customer service here in the USA. I talked to a man there named John he was very nice and helpful. I told him I was having trouble with my wireless module for my CTX 3030. I was very surprised when he said he would send me out a new one FREE of charge. I came in the mail in 4 days. Now that is customer service. James D Flynn N E Florida

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear that. The wire on my Koss UR-30 headphones that came with my CTX wore out and I plan to contact Minelab for a repair. I just purchased it back in August.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their repair center is a half hour ride from my house. I purchased a pro swing 45 and had a problem with to. I called and talked to a tech and he said your in 708 area code can you stop up to get a new one yours is defective. I got up there and before he gave me the new harness, he checked it and it was also defective. The tech went and go anoher and made sure i left with a good harness.

ShOwStOpp3r

Sep 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aww cool,,,i live in 815 area code and didnt know they had a minelab tech center so close to me,,perfect excuse for me to pony up for an Etrac or CTX in the future,,hearing positive customer service stories really make a future purchase an easy choice..

a minelab center 40 mins away...now thats striking a treasure..

Nimocone

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad to hear that. The wire on my Koss UR-30 headphones that came with my CTX wore out and I plan to contact Minelab for a repair. I just purchased it back in August.

Mine wore out as well (just behind the plug) and I was sent a pair with only one question asked. I also mentioned that the orange gasket was missing and he threw one in with the headset, also for free. Based on customer service dealings with other companies, I was expecting the 3rd degree and hoops to jump through. I was very pleased with their level of support.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Minelab has really turned their Customer Service around. A few years back, you could never get a hold of a tech. Now, I believe they opened up a CSC in Chicago and my experience sending in an item was fantastic!!!! Way to step up Minelab!!!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great to hear! They opened an additional service center last year, revamped their procedures and reduced their repair times dramatically. I just got back from the Minelab partner Conference, and the repair center presentation was impressive.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had a problem with the rod on my pro swing 45 coming apart when i bend down to dig. I talked to teck support earlier when i had another problem. They thought perhaps the bar coming apart was part of the other problem and hoped it would be fixed with a new unit. The problem is the same witht his unit and i called back again today. I ended up talking to the same person and he said he was sorry, but he isnt familiar with these as he doesnt use on. He asked me to hold on and went and found someone who uses one and came back on the phone. He had two suggestions to try and if they didnt work, he said they would replace that part. He even said if i still had a problem to call back later as he was going to review the set up video again and discuss it more wih someone more familiar with it.

I cant really ask for better service as the ya re trying, and i have been the only person who has had this problem so far. I believe my problem is an adjustment problem and they say it could be just that but exploring all options.

Now if i could only get service like that when i go i to a store or car dealer.

I believe Minelab has reinvented customer service and made it the way it was 50 years ago.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I called about a week ago to the minelab customer service here in the USA. I talked to a man there named John he was very nice and helpful. I told him I was having trouble with my wireless module for my CTX 3030. I was very surprised when he said he would send me out a new one FREE of charge. I came in the mail in 4 days. Now that is customer service. James D Flynn N E Florida

AT the Minelab confernce last weekend they broke it all down for us. They are very aware of improving CS and have made great strides in improvement. I was impressed!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT the Minelab confernce last weekend they broke it all down for us. They are very aware of improving CS and have made great strides in improvement. I was impressed!

I have talked to several in ML (Chicago) including the general manager there and they very much care about customer service.:thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

upfishcreek

Greenie
Nov 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got up there and before he gave me the new harness, he checked it and it was also defective. The tech went and go anoher and made sure i left with a good harness.

Kudos to the CS but what about the QC ??? I'd hate to have bought a defective harness and then receive a defective replacement (assuming I'd ship and they'd ship and I'd ship back and they'd ship again). I'd start to think it was just me and worry they would think I'm nuts.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kudos to the CS but what about the QC ??? I'd hate to have bought a defective harness and then receive a defective replacement (assuming I'd ship and they'd ship and I'd ship back and they'd ship again). I'd start to think it was just me and worry they would think I'm nuts.

No, they didnt give me a defective replacement. I was at there shop and the tech brought a new one out and checked it in front of me.

Brooklynhunter

Jul 16, 2013
Hey all. I bought a new excal 2 this august. A week after I had it the cam lock on the upper shaft broke. Although I was not pleased to have a new $1400 detector break, customer service was very responsive and sent a new on day later straight to my door. Better than that you can't ask! Thanks ML.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all. I bought a new excal 2 this august. A week after I had it the cam lock on the upper shaft broke. Although I was not pleased to have a new $1400 detector break, customer service was very responsive and sent a new on day later straight to my door. Better than that you can't ask! Thanks ML.

99% of the time you want here about the ones that don't break, 99% of the time you will hear about the ones that do break.....

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stock shaft IMO is only good for water hunting. A rear mounted straight shaft setup is much more balanced and enjoyable to swing when not in the water.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stock shaft IMO is only good for water hunting. A rear mounted straight shaft setup is much more balanced and enjoyable to swing when not in the water.

Yes I made both my extended shafts for about $25.00 each....

SilverChirp

Mar 21, 2016
State of Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know a way to reach a human being at Minelab? I've been trying by phone and email for several days now... I've read Kelly co is an authorized repair center, but don't I have to go through Minelab customer support first?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have called their customer service number 877-767-6522 a few times over the years and alway got through to a person. Maybe they have changed up how they respond to incoming calls. Good luck getting through to someone!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can reach them through Kellyco or through Minelab. Just remember every call they answer slows down repairs, they average 50-75 calls a day calling the repair center asking questions on trouble shooting detector, how to send in one for repair work and status of repairs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread