cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cheapest harness I know of (store bought type) is the Detecting Buddy at around $20. I use it and it works good. Very simple and you don't have to mess with it getting up and down digging. The bungee on mine went bad after a few month but the generic ones you can get anywhere work just fine as a replacement. The new Minelab (45?) harness is real nice also but it's fairly expensive at around $125. The Swingy Thingy is in the middle pricewise. As for your coil choices, I like the 15" Coiltek WOT for wide open spaces with little junk. I also use the 5X10 Joey for junky areas. The Stealth X5 is also a top performer for junky spots. There is nothing wrong with the stock coil for finding silver either. The determining factor is the amount of metal trash you need to work around, the depth needed to get to the good stuff, and the size of the area to be searched.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buddy of mine has thw deteck ultimate coil for his etrac and he loves it. I see a lot of guys on youtube using that coil on there minelabs.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is the best and easiest use harness for lessening the weight of an Etrac. Also, what is the best coil for finding silver in old parks?

There are several harness out. All are good but are not balanced correctly in my opinion. They all pull on one side.

Although the most expensive the new Minelab Pro-Swing 45 is by far the best. It distributes weight evenly and doesn't pull on your neck like the others do. Plus it can me used on just about any detector out. I don't like harness per say but this one is nice!

Best coil is the stock coil. If your in trash jump to the Sun Ray X-5. hose two coils can handle any type situation. Only two I use

Holler with questions.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the deteck ultimate u won't regret it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread