Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go with the 7.5kHz for it's good general purpose ability, and it's honesty.
Without going into all of the nitty-gritty, the target bin segment widths are more uniform with the 7.5kHz coils, which is why I say it's the most honest.
The only issue that I have is that there are only two 7.5kHz DD coils...the 10.5" Minelab coil and the Coiltek 15" All Terrain.

OP
OP
DigitNY

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go with the 7.5kHz for it's good general purpose ability, and it's honesty.
Without going into all of the nitty-gritty, the target bin segment widths are more uniform with the 7.5kHz coils, which is why I say it's the most honest.
The only issue that I have is that there are only two 7.5kHz DD coils...the 10.5" Minelab coil and the Coiltek 15" All Terrain.

Thanx longhair, confirmed what I was thinking,.. It will make my decision easy now. Gonna go with 10" 7.5, I'd go smaller if possible. What really kills me is I can't get the 3 kHz at all. That would be my first choice.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What really kills me is I can't get the 3 kHz at all. That would be my first choice.
I hear 'ya! You need to have a 505 or 705 to run 3kHz.
Just be glad that you have a 305 instead of a 30. The old 30's couldn't run 18.75kHz. At least you have some choice.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Longhair's advise is spot on as usual. :thumbsup:

You mentioned smaller....there is a smaller 6" 7.5 kHz coil, but it is a concentric coil instead of the DD you were asking about.

OP
OP
DigitNY

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Longhair's advise is spot on as usual. :thumbsup:

You mentioned smaller....there is a smaller 6" 7.5 kHz coil, but it is a concentric coil instead of the DD you were asking about.

Thank you, yes I have to get that also for the trashy areas. I would love about 10,000 to go pick up a few more things !! Hahahha boy just imagine that shopping trip !!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Great post LongHair!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread