CTX3030 problems, faulty coil ?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well finally had a chance to try the 3030 again yesterday, was only for 2-3 hrs, used common setttings and no problem at all, seems it needed a reset only. I got 28 coins, only two 10 peso coins though.

Will do some more testings with the bi-metal coins hopefully tomorrow, they're tricky since the outer part of the coin or the ring is made out of Stainless, but in FE/CO mode the screen shows both metals ! how amazing is that?

My guess that turning on the MD inside the house with tons of EMI around and sens in normal beach condition (23-25) made it go coocoo.

Great news!

OP
OP
M

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went yesterday for another run with my g/f to the beach, dug like 30 coins, so far so good, behaving as it should.

I did tried Fe/Co, it works but only where there is no black sand present ... and I had parts of the beach with TONS of it, I mean tons, even in the surface the black sand could be seen in the wet sand and there is where the magic of the Fe/Co ends lol ... just falsing with/or ghost targets, switched back to Gr/Co.

Still need dozens of practice hours behind the 3030, incredible detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread