Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is that long so it can be hip mounted, which is my favorite way to run my GT, because it's so lightweight. Send OBN a pm he could tell you for sure. I don't believe there would be a problem with shortening it.

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
It is that long so it can be hip mounted, which is my favorite way to run my GT, because it's so lightweight. Send OBN a pm he could tell you for sure. I don't believe there would be a problem with shortening it.
:icon_thumleft: Fletch is correct, only thing I can add is save what you cut off, and do the final wrap with the Rescue tape. I have shortened most of mine for it's less to worry about.

OP
OP
XL-PRO PRO

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
Thanks;I rewound the cable to where all but a couple of twists are on the upper part of the shaft.I do have it hip mounted but it still seems pretty heavy.I have the old linear meter mounted on the shaft and the cable from it running to the control box.It just seemed like there was a whole lot of extra cable going from the coil to the meter.Still have a hard time doing the slow swing after years of using an XL-PRO.DBULL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread