Sound issues

stillrollin300

Jan 15, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Ace 350, Garrett Infinium, AT Pro, ATX, GPX 4800, E-Trac, DMC 2B
I have a safari and I just got a 6in coil and new grey ghost head phones today. Went out and the head phones were giving a static loose wire sound. I turned machine off and on, played with head phone wires to see if there was a loose connection. All of a sudden I had no sound even with no head phones. After a few min of turning off and on, checking connections sound came back and was better but still a little scratchy. Any thoughts?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Longhair is right, something is wrong with the new headphones. I really like the Black Widow's. Black Widow headphones.jpg

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The folks at Detector Pro are great... If it turns out to be your headphones you don't have to worry - they have great customer service.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would check them on another detector if possible. The male end of the headphones vary a bit from maker to maker. A little corrosion or an accumulation of grit in the female connection may have occurred that is not providing a good contact. Just a thought. :dontknow:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would check them on another detector if possible. The male end of the headphones vary a bit from maker to maker. A little corrosion or an accumulation of grit in the female connection may have occurred that is not providing a good contact. Just a thought. :dontknow:

Thguns is right about the connector. I should have mentioned I clean the female jack with a Q tip with alcohol.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you had no sound, even with the headphones unplugged, it sounds like the problem is in the detector. Have you tried reinstalling your old phones? Like what was mentioned, there may be an area where the old phone connector rubs that the new phones don't. Cleaning the female side of the connector might help.

OP
OP
stillrollin300

stillrollin300

Jan 15, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Ace 350, Garrett Infinium, AT Pro, ATX, GPX 4800, E-Trac, DMC 2B
Thanks for the responses guys, I will try it in another detector once I get home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread