Sandman just ordered a new Excal II

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered a new Excal II from Bart of Big Boy's Hobbies because only have the Excal 1000 which still runs great. Though the season for us in the north country is almost over, I can still dream about all the stuff I'll find. There was a lot in the package, even a new RTG scoop!

Metal Detector For Sale Specialized in Minelab, Garrett, XP, Fisher, Teknetics. | BigBoysHobbies :thumbsup:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know what you like about the Excal 2 over the Excal 1. I've only tried the 2 for a couple of hunts as a loaner from a friend. I didn't notice much difference so I didn't upgrade.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman, I figured you having a perfectly functioning Excal you would have jumped up to the CTX. Yea it's that good and worth the extra $$$. What gives? You said you like learning new gadgets and it has all the bells and whistles one could ask for to tinker with for a good while.

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice new toy Sandman.
Is the season ever really over like you said? From the south burbs of Chicago here and while reading this net a short time ago, i look outside and its snowing then Sandman says the season is almost over. I am going to try some things I read about detecting in the winter once it gets here which better not be very soon.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sandman I know you have a big arsenal of detectors. I rarely beach hunt so waterproof isn't necessary. I have only had my ATP coil in the water maybe 6". Anyway I would like to make a step up from my ATP but not break the bank. If i add one more decent detector then me, my son and grandson can go out together. I am just asking for a cpl of suggestions. Like i said I can't break the bank and go high end because I still have a wife to explain it to.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sandman I know you have a big arsenal of detectors. I rarely beach hunt so waterproof isn't necessary. I have only had my ATP coil in the water maybe 6". Anyway I would like to make a step up from my ATP but not break the bank. If i add one more decent detector then me, my son and grandson can go out together. I am just asking for a cpl of suggestions. Like i said I can't break the bank and go high end because I still have a wife to explain it to.

If your going in the saltwater look at the Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Excalibur 11 1000. Both great saltwater machines. Holler if you have questions or hit up Sandman.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not seeking a saltwater or any waterproof machine for that matter. Living in the midwest i rarely hunt in or near the water. I am just looking to add another detector a step up from my ATP but not break the bank

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not seeking a saltwater or any waterproof machine for that matter. Living in the midwest i rarely hunt in or near the water. I am just looking to add another detector a step up from my ATP but not break the bank

Have you considered these three.... The X-terra 705, the Teknetics T2 LTD, or the Fisher F75 LTD? Each has its pluses and minuses, but in the end are strong performers for the money. If they are out of your price range, we can suggest other machines that could be of interest to you.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Feel free to give me a ring. We use all the detectors we sell and can give you a break down on all of them! ;)

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman, I figured you having a perfectly functioning Excal you would have jumped up to the CTX. Yea it's that good and worth the extra $$$. What gives? You said you like learning new gadgets and it has all the bells and whistles one could ask for to tinker with for a good while.
True that I am still thinking of upgrading to the CTX, I am not sure about its being waterproof in the waves. I am a might rough with my gear so that slimy lil o-ring has me holding off on it so far. If I ever do order the CTX it will be from Bart of
BigBoyHobbies. Another reason I had to have the Excal II is because Max or VA says they are a babe magnet. Girls on the beaches want to check out his equipment... He says it has something to do with the hot green color. I believe everything MAX says as he was a Marine and I was Navy.

Attachments

• Navy1.JPG
    Navy1.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can try some of the detectors that aren't promoted anymore. The Fisher CZ-6a is like the land version of the CZ-21. It operates on two frequencies at the same time so it has excellent disc qualities. It even has a screen to lie to you if you need a screen. It is a very capable goodie getter. :thumbsup: Of the newer ones, look at the Fisher F-5. When upgrading it seems it always costs more, but sometimes moving sideways is better. The White's MXT & DFX are nice but $$$. Minelab's 705 knocks the socks off a lot of detectors.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're comfortable buying a used machine, you might also look into the E-trac or Explorer too.

Silverfishin

Greenie
Jan 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True that I am still thinking of upgrading to the CTX, I am not sure about its being waterproof in the waves. I am a might rough with my gear so that slimy lil o-ring has me holding off on it so far. If I ever do order the CTX it will be from Bart of
BigBoyHobbies. Another reason I had to have the Excal II is because Max or VA says they are a babe magnet. Girls on the beaches want to check out his equipment... He says it has something to do with the hot green color. I believe everything MAX says as he was a Marine and I was Navy.

Maybe I will paint my CTX the "hot green color":icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread