Coiltek digger coil for 705

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know I LOVE mine! I just took it to the beanfield next door today, and dug a coin that predates the settling of this area. An 1832 Half Cent.

11-07-131832HalfCentObverse_zpsfb644b6e.jpg

11-07-131832HalfCentReverse_zps08a5568f.jpg

Sweet find there longhair.

NVNutcase

Sep 9, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a quarter today, a good one, but I still need to spend some time with this Coil.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The biggest thing, is to slow down enough. It's awfully easy to swing that little puck too fast. And it's HOT too! So cranking the whole mess up to max can actually hurt your hunt.
It should be stable. And if it's not, slow down first, reduce SENS second.

NVNutcase

Sep 9, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it's working good. I'm sure there was some Pilot Error involved. The slow down really makes a guy work an area thoroughly. I was at times on 15 sensitivity and always on the All Metals mode. I'll get some pics of the finds when I get back from cutting wood . Thanks for all the help!

NVNutcase

Sep 9, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seated Quarter, some rimfire brass and of course, some rivets. Liberty Quarter 001.JPG Liberty Quarter 002.JPG Liberty Quarter 003.JPG Liberty Quarter 004.JPG

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got stoked reading this thread. I hunted an old house yard today with my 705 that I hunted a year ago and pulled several wheats and a buffalo nickel. I was frustrated then and even more so today because the level of iron and trash in this yard is crazy...100 year old house!! I know there is silver there!!! This coil I think is what I would need for such places........I know what I'm getting:laughing7:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got stoked reading this thread. I hunted an old house yard today with my 705 that I hunted a year ago and pulled several wheats and a buffalo nickel. I was frustrated then and even more so today because the level of iron and trash in this yard is crazy...100 year old house!! I know there is silver there!!! This coil I think is what I would need for such places........I know what I'm getting:laughing7:

Keep at it. Those are great places to pound!

OP
OP
gerryk

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rooster, try that spot again with the same coil but slow it do more. I have used the standard coil in areas like that and if it was actually junk or iron i the ground I found that if I slowed my swing down, I got fewer false signals. I still have to remind myself to slow the swing down in certain areas.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rooster, try that spot again with the same coil but slow it do more. I have used the standard coil in areas like that and if it was actually junk or iron i the ground I found that if I slowed my swing down, I got fewer false signals. I still have to remind myself to slow the swing down in certain areas.

Great advice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread