Bought a used E trac, is coil jack in back of main unit supposed to be "loose"?

pityocamptes

Jul 5, 2003
Bought a used E trac, is coil jack in back of main unit supposed to be "loose"?

All the other metal detectors I have have a FIXED jack in the back that the coil attaches to via the cord. However, I noticed that the plug in the back kind of moves (side to side-has what looks like a black boot around jack base inside unit), not sure if this was designed or if I have issues with this unit? Unit was supposedly sent in to Minelab to have tested, and it passed. Any info appreciated. Thanks!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the other metal detectors I have have a FIXED jack in the back that the coil attaches to via the cord. However, I noticed that the plug in the back kind of moves (side to side-has what looks like a black boot around jack base inside unit), not sure if this was designed or if I have issues with this unit? Unit was supposedly sent in to Minelab to have tested, and it passed. Any info appreciated. Thanks!
This looseness at the connector is normal. I thought the same thing when I purchased mine new. Also, if you want to protect the screen from scratches and dirt stains, without having to worry with a rain jacket that's hard to see through, I highly recommend a ZAGG screen protector. Not so much for the screen, but the button areas that get scratched and stained from dirty digging fingers! It's precut for the whole faceplate and easy to install. Good luck with your new toy! :) http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/minelab-e-trac-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields/2937

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not seeing how just how much movement it is hard to say. They so have a bit of a wiggle to them.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they are designed to have some flex in the connector. 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread