Excalibur 1000 settings?

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello excal users I've recently picked up a excal 1000 ( old blue) and have been running the settings as recommended by the book for beach hunting. Been running the same settings for dry, wet sand and shallow water with no complaints but am wondering if there is any advanced settings or do and don'ts that you may like to share. Still very new to this machine and absolutely love it! Main concern is the sensitivity setting, been running it in auto but I've heard people say not to run it in that mode. I'd really appreciate your recommendations and your experiences. Thanks for any help!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Starting out I would run auto till you learn it. You will pick it up much faster with a stable machine.

Congrats on a great buy!

R.Danneskjold

Jun 23, 2013
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been using mine and getting real deep by setting sensitivity at high, threshold set JUST below audible, wait for the "whispers" and dig, then check with the descrim. Nice slow swing seems to be workin for me. 2 rings and and some junk jewellery so far. I use that mode when the beach is real quiet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions