Batteries Question

madisonmaine

Jan 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was reading on another forum and one person posted that rechargeable batteries effected the performance of his machine. I use the X-terra 705 and the rechargeable batteries seem to work fine for me. Am I missing something? The manual even mentions rechargeable batteries and which ones to use. If Longhair could chime in on this I would appreciate it.:icon_scratch:

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lithium Ion rechargeables are the only ones that you need to steer clear of. NiMH rechargeables are fine, as are NiCad.
Lithium Ion batts have over-voltage issues that make them a bad idea for use in sensitive electronics.

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RNB innovations makes high quality Lithium ion battery packs that won't go beyond the voltage limit of your detector.They come with chargers that tell you when they're done and also won't overcharge. I've been using mine for over a year and can hunt days w/o recharging.

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was reading on another forum and one person posted that rechargeable batteries effected the performance of his machine. I use the X-terra 705 and the rechargeable batteries seem to work fine for me. Am I missing something? The manual even mentions rechargeable batteries and which ones to use. If Longhair could chime in on this I would appreciate it.:icon_scratch:

We use rechargeable in MANY machine with zero issues!

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Pg.45 of your 705 manual.
Rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries​