A big thumbs up for Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This thing is ultra accurate and I can't imagine not having it with me when I detect.Love how when I've not quite pinpointed perfectly with the X-Terra and yet can still find the object on the edge of my plug with it,what a great product.

Great report! The Minelab Pro-Find 25 is a awesome tool. Never leave home without it!

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030,Fisher f75, Whites DFX with Sunray probe, Fisher gold bug 2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche hand shovel, Raven from Predator tools. Detectors I used to use: Minelab explorer se, Fisher f
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a Minelab pro pinpointer about 3 months ago, I also have a garrett pro pinpointer. I have to say that I didn't think that there was a better pinpointer than the garrett. But after using the minelab pro pinpointer, I don't even use the garrett anymore. The garrett is just my backup now. The extra depth I get from the minelab is worth it. Last weekend I found a penny, dime,nickel, spill, I turned off my minelab ctx3030, and just used my pinpointer. I recovered 118 pennies, 10 dimes and 5 nickels at a depth of 3-4 inches just using the minelab pro pinpointer. An awesome tool, a must have for anyone that detects!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree I had 2 propointers but always wanted to try out the profind I ended up trading 1 for 1 the 2,are hands down forces to be rekoned with If they both took the great from both & made 1 it would be unbeleivable, i use my minelabe more then the garret in certain places both great though

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I must be the only one but I had a bad first experience with a Minelab pro-finder 25.

Long story here folks.
At a out of town prospecting shop ( on a gold prospecting and gold mining trip ) I visited just to look around the saleperson/owner and I got to talking about the Minelab pro-finder 25 and I told him I was using the Garrett propointer. Well my Garrett wasn't that old ( maybe 3 months ) and was working great but being a Minelab guy I asked him if he would take a trade for the Minelab. He offered me $50 trade-in on the Minelab 25 so thinking it was a better pointer and a Minelab I purchased it even though this wasn't a great deal for me, but I wanted the Minelab. The Minelab worked great with a demo in the shop but not more than 30min. later and 20 miles down the road when I tried to use it and no way could I get it to work. So I truck back to the shop to confront the owner and now even he no matter what he tried he couldn't get the Minelab to work either. He didn't really want to give me a refund and my old Garrett propointer back but I wasn't leaving without my refund and propointer . On a side note the guy at the shop had taken no time and had already put my traded in pointer up on a shelf with a sticker for $100 ( nothing like a $50 markup ). I am sure this was just a fluke but although I would like to try/buy a Minelab pro-finder 25 again I will stay with the Garrett that has never given me any problems like I see others having with theirs.

Last edited:

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the minelab pro pointer along w/ the E-Trac and the safari, I love using it.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting comments. I have 2 Garretts (well, one is the wife's) and a Minelab. Hands Down, the Garretts have more depth. But I carry both and use the Minelab at low sensitivity (LOVE that feature) when I am in a small hole. Both are well made and serve me well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread