CTX in Manual Sensitivity

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have had my CTX for about a week now and I'm starting to play around with the other settings. I noticed one huge improvement that is a given for those that have been in md for awhile. I am in a ball field that is relatively clean so I moved from Auto to Manual sensitivity and cranked it up to 24-25 and the depth increase is huge. In auto i was receiving returns down to about 4-5 inches but after going into manual the depth increased to 10-12 inches. The field I am in has tons of shrapnel from bomb shells left from WWII. These were rarely ringing up in auto, but now are very evident. I have about 12-14 hour of detecting under my belt now (haha, veteran status) so im learning new things with every hunt. I must say that I love this machine and it has definitely made entering a new hobby enjoyable.

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only time I use my ctx in auto is if there just is so much trash around you can't think, but if your auto is 20 and your in plus 3 theoretically that's 23 right? Switch that sucker to manual 23 or 24 and watch her go!! It's like a new machine in manual, and in ferrous coin combined the machine is a monster!!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I have had my CTX for about a week now and I'm starting to play around with the other settings. I noticed one huge improvement that is a given for those that have been in md for awhile. I am in a ball field that is relatively clean so I moved from Auto to Manual sensitivity and cranked it up to 24-25 and the depth increase is huge. In auto i was receiving returns down to about 4-5 inches but after going into manual the depth increased to 10-12 inches. The field I am in has tons of shrapnel from bomb shells left from WWII. These were rarely ringing up in auto, but now are very evident. I have about 12-14 hour of detecting under my belt now (haha, veteran status) so im learning new things with every hunt. I must say that I love this machine and it has definitely made entering a new hobby enjoyable.

Glad your picking it up! Have you tried Gone Huntings settings yet? If your ready to turn that CTX 3030 into a BEAST try them. Its a game changer! ;)

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just ordered a ctx 3030 and trying to read everything and get all ready for its arrival , which gone hunting mlf is it? Is it the 50 tone close to etrac or combine 2 mode with heavy discrim?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
Bejamble

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not yet Bart, but I think I'm ready to give it a shot.

Cory

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered a ctx 3030 and trying to read everything and get all ready for its arrival , which gone hunting mlf is it? Is it the 50 tone close to etrac or combine 2 mode with heavy discrim? Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
I've tried both and seem to like the one with less disc. It really depends in where I'm hunting. A 180 year old ghost town or a trashy modern park.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Bejamble

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was checking out Mal's program, definitely limits the find to the intended target. Since I live only a few minutes to the beach, I don't mind being a little more thorough and dig more targets. There are only a couple regular md'ers within a thousand miles of me, so there is more than enough beach and good grounds to cover. I can just go back the next day to pull more targets :)

Cory

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just ordered a ctx 3030 and trying to read everything and get all ready for its arrival , which gone hunting mlf is it? Is it the 50 tone close to etrac or combine 2 mode with heavy discrim? Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

I just sent you a PM, by the way thanks again for the purchase!!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I switch between manual and I run it as high as I can and auto. Seems like I can get a little more out of the ground (or hear the faint signals) between running both settings. I will also play with the threshold pitch which seems like it helps me to hear more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions