Metal Detecting

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know for sure ,but I think your quarters are going to show up as ferrous...

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I think they are made of steel. The ones I have are strongly attracted to a magnet.

OP
OP
sask hunter

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes been reading up on this problem , I've seen some one made a Canadian clad program that works great on our crappy coins, at least it screams at the older silver coins and us stuff

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A quick check would be switch to relic mode pattern 2 (which ever one is open screen - least disc) I believe as mentioned above they're steel core and being discriminated out.

OP
OP
sask hunter

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a good idea , also I have it in gone hunting program , is there any ways for me to wave a quarter in front of coil and hit accept so it will accept Canadian quarters !and still able to use gone hunting ?unless iam way off on thinking

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good idea , also I have it in gone hunting program , is there any ways for me to wave a quarter in front of coil and hit accept so it will accept Canadian quarters !and still able to use gone hunting ?unless iam way off on thinking Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
Yes that will work also. I use that same method to block out Zincolns while beach hunting. You can press and hold the accept/reject button to change the size of your window you're trying to accept also.

OP
OP
sask hunter

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was sent a Canadian coin program that makes our coins hollar! Great on us coins as well and silver

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sask, use target trace ON too and you can change where you want to cover/uncover in the screen an area where the coin beeps but still exclude the rest of the ferrous junk.

I know this because here in Mexico, we have the $1, $2 and $5 peso coins being bi-metal, exterior ring is StainlesSteel and the new $.20 and $.50 coins are made now by stainless steel too (old ones were brass-nickel) and when I first got the 3030 I couldn't get them out of the sand, not all ferrous targets will have the same conductivity or ferrous patterns, the complete iron junk is marked in the bottom right corner, just check with target trace if the signal trace has some jumpy pattern out of the bottom right corner and uncover it, that way you will know its a coin you're looking for, obviously you will still get SOME ferrous things, but you're opening a part of the screen for you to get your quarters.

I'm so in love with the 3030, its crazy I can get tons of SS based coins out of the sand ignoring 95%+ of the iron junk.

Don't be afraid to try different settings, take your time, I'm now confortable with a setting I made myself for where I hunt.

HH!

OP
OP
sask hunter

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I kinda understand what u mean, I will play around with another mode,
That Canadian coin mode works excellent as well, but I want to use gone hunting as well have it able to detect all Canadian coins , I'll try and see if I can work that out

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030,Fisher f75, Whites DFX with Sunray probe, Fisher gold bug 2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche hand shovel, Raven from Predator tools. Detectors I used to use: Minelab explorer se, Fisher f
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a thought, but if they are made out of steel, I would think if you pressed the detect button down a 2nd time in any program you would be in all metal mode and you should be able to pick up that steel quarter. Maybe try an air test with the newer Canadian quarter in all metal mode in any program and see where it reads at. Also I don't know about you but I would rather dig up old silver and gold than waste my time digging up junk like steel coins or zinc Lincolns. Just my opinion.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just a thought, but if they are made out of steel, I would think if you pressed the detect button down a 2nd time in any program you would be in all metal mode and you should be able to pick up that steel quarter. Maybe try an air test with the newer Canadian quarter in all metal mode in any program and see where it reads at. Also I don't know about you but I would rather dig up old silver and gold than waste my time digging up junk like steel coins or zinc Lincolns. Just my opinion.

That's what I was told too by another CTX user, I followed that advice first but It really bugged me that I would easily be picking up coins and usable money ... anyway the odds of finding silver and gold vs your usable currency is huge so I give it a try and I'm very pleased, besides he is using a CTX which is capable of excluding junk and still detect your desirable targets, he or we can exclude the zincolns too so that's not a problem either. I'd agree if we weren't using this great detector that wasn't capable of excluding targets, that'd be a real waste of time, use the tools you already have in your hand!

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030,Fisher f75, Whites DFX with Sunray probe, Fisher gold bug 2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche hand shovel, Raven from Predator tools. Detectors I used to use: Minelab explorer se, Fisher f
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
By the way I swing the Ctx3030 with a 17x13 inch coil, I love my ctx3030. You can always run it in all metal mode and use your brain as the discrimination. You decide what you want to dig or not. Fill your pouch with clad and dig all the shallow stuff or pay attention to the deep targets and dig them. I guess it depends on what you are interested in finding. Good luck to all and happy hunting.

OP
OP
sask hunter

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stupid question but which setting will be all metal mode?

D.A.D.D.-Dads against daughters dating

OP
OP
sask hunter

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Btw the Canadian coin program I was so kindly sent by minelab Canada works excellent on our mixed up metal coins !!

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The detect button used in any program, a second press will put you in all metal mode. If you hold the detect button down it will put you into another menu allowing you to check target trace and target trace pinpoint. You will notice when you press the button that looks like a metal detector coil with shaft, press it once look at the screen and look at the shaded gray part and shaded white part, press it again and notice the change. When you press the button and notice that is mostly shaded white with one strip of shaded gray at the bottom then you know that you are in all metal mode.

OP
OP
sask hunter

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thankyoy !!

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure anytime, good luck with your ctx3030. If you are like me, if you have more than one detector you won't be using your other machines. Ctx3030 is an all in one machine. Man I love that machine, sometimes my wife says I love it more than her! Lol! Maybe she is right. ...lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
because the new zinc coated steel slug canadian quarters --ring up as iron most likely.

AND ITS ----D.A.D.D.Y.--AS IN -----DADS AGAINST DAUGHTERS DATING YOU.---

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure anytime, good luck with your ctx3030. If you are like me, if you have more than one detector you won't be using your other machines. Ctx3030 is an all in one machine. Man I love that machine, sometimes my wife says I love it more than her! Lol! Maybe she is right. ...lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
That sounds like a good top ten list......why is my metal detector better than my wife? :icon_scratch:
1. I can turn it off without penalty
2. It does what I want it to do
3. I can understand what it is saying
4. It makes me money
5. It doesn't get jealous if I play with my other detectors
6. It works the same every day of the month
7. It's easy to trade in for a newer (younger) model
8. Feel free to add to the list!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread