Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRAP .... now I am looking at the Damn E-Trac's maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arrrgghhhh :cussing:

:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

I would ask how much better those are then the X-Terra 705's and Safari but I think I know the answer to that already ... they seem amazing and I am a Very techy guy and this thing looks FUN. :tongue11:
Don't stop there! The CTX is an FBS V-Flex hybrid.....best of both worlds and then some.

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't stop there! The CTX is an FBS V-Flex hybrid.....best of both worlds and then some.

Ohhhh Noooo ... Thats a mega no way .... the E-Trac will probably get killed and buried in the back yard by my wife so the next guy with a detector can find me I'm sure .... I could only imagine what a 3030 purchase would be!!! LOL

Wish I could find that Explorer SE Pro still ... KellyCo shows it on their website for $999.00 but they are no longer in stock.

I think I would jump on an SE Pro for that price if I could find one.

The E-Trac seems a bit different but I bet the Explorer is solid in it's own right no doubt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Spaceport

Nov 17, 2013
Prettu sure there is one on tnet for sale for 850.00 and the guy says its pristine...think it was only posted a few days ago and this morning I saw it and it was still available

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya but unfortunately the new detector is going on the plastic .... I may check more in with Vance and see what he's got ... he has some used Minelab stuff looks like.

I think though If I go all out I would just want to take it all the way and go E-Trac.

I'm just rambling and typing out loud ... thanks for listening guys! :p

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I may have to look into that!!! ^

How are the old units compared to the newer SE / E-Trac Minlabs

Some cheap Explorer II's on eBay I've seen ... I hate old and used but for cheap it may be worth it if it's worth it.

WOW ... just looked on the for sale section and there was a pristine 9.5 out of 10 SE Pro for sale shipped for $725!!! :crybaby2:

I would have jumped on that 1 Million Percent!!! .... damn why was I not watching the for sale section ... that is the EXACT time I started looking at detectors to!!! Wow

Last edited:

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FWIW, Explorers older than the SE (as well as Quattros) are no longer being serviced by Minelab. So if you buy one and it fails.....you're on your own.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions