Xterra 705 or Safari?

locater

Aug 13, 2013
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites GMT, BH Platinum w/ Fisher F5, 11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GO FOR IT SPACEPORT! Hope it's a 5 out of 5 for you!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aswell happy for ya, you domid lots of research in your decision & you made your own choice not influenced by what others use but took there info great job I know it will work out for ya, looking forward to your reviews hh

OP
OP
S

Spaceport

Nov 17, 2013
Thank I have read extensively about it...heck I am still reading about it right now .. thanks everyone for all the info I know I have made the right choice for me and will post how it does once I get used to it and try it out.I do like the safari and etrac but the weight concerns me a bit as does the price tag right now for me lol....the 705 I am positive will be the right machine for me for years to come!

OP
OP
S

Spaceport

Nov 17, 2013
The xterra came in the mail on Wednesday,got it off treasureclassifieds.com and the seller is great guy who worked with me through the sale and took great care in packaging it very well and in the original box....heck he even sent it with batteries lol.....I have been working 12 to 14 hour nights all week preparing for another successful launch from Wallops Island. I have been up all night but plan to take her from a test drive sometime today.... will post results as soon as I get out.... could be later this weekend my mind and body are all out of wack lol.....thank you all so much for all the advice ...it really helped me make the right choice.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks lol unfortunately it just started raining here

You 2 huh, its very weird this is actually the third time in a row I was planning to get some stuff ready & head out been what seems like a year for me lol & it starts to snow, third time in a row funny thing is snow the 3 times was never in the forecast grrrr. I will be picking up a set of tdk wr700 wireless headphones today for my 705 heard lots of good things on them & even seen a guy on YouTube using a 705 with them doesn't look like any lag so we will c

OP
OP
S

Spaceport

Nov 17, 2013
Good luck thats crazy about snow not in the forcast three times then it snows...oh well at least here the geound is thawing and will be raining tomorrow but 65 and no rain sunday and 53...I'll take it

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol good luck, look forward to some cool finds & mayb what you think of the 705

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you heard any news on your stolen equipment?

Nothing on the online classifieds, or pawn shops around me last I heard & this was a week in a half ago the police were goin threw security footage of the time frame when it happend of the front entrance to the mall cuz there was nothing of at my truck so I can't do much more will I give up never never. I'm hoping they see something leaving the mall that looks suspect & do something fingers crossed

OP
OP
S

Spaceport

Nov 17, 2013
Good luck your in my thoughts and prayers....not a good feeling at all to have that happen

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ezman604

Jan 8, 2014
West Coast of Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Bud 220 Select
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope they are able to catch the folks and return your property. Having worked for a while at a very nice pawn shop in KS, the state law there dictates that every item that comes through the door is shelved for 30 days. A form is filled out on each piece and a photo ID is required before a person can sell or pawn anything at a shop. These forms are turned over to the local law enforcement and they are supposed to bounce them off of their list of reported stolen items. I helped bust a string of home burglaries once because of this process. This was true for KS, not sure about any other states but it should be.
But good luck in the recovery and prosecution of these low life thieves!!!

SAFE & Happy Detecting!!!!
Dave
8-)

OP
OP
S

Spaceport

Nov 17, 2013
My state holds for 18 days so it must vary state to state I guess,either way were with ya and hope you get your stuff back and the thief or thieves get what they have coming to them.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes mass & Rhode island have the same sequence of things they have to do aswell & theres about 10 police stations that have all serial #'s of everything cuz I'm kinda a paper keeper if somethin I buy has paperwork I keep it file it & in this case hopefuly it helps. I got 5 known pawn shops that said they do take detectors in so who knows I don't see myself given up anytime soon, I've even gone as far as just checking serial #'s at deus shop & garret to make sure no one has tried askin anything on them lol no luck but like I said I got to much money involved so not giving up. And thank you all for your support aswell

Flex68

Dec 10, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently researching to buy
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank I have read extensively about it...heck I am still reading about it right now .. thanks everyone for all the info I know I have made the right choice for me and will post how it does once I get used to it and try it out.I do like the safari and etrac but the weight concerns me a bit as does the price tag right now for me lol....the 705 I am positive will be the right machine for me for years to come!

After nearly a month of researching, I have also pretty much decided to go with the X-terra 705 as my first detector.
Look forward to reading your posts about your early experiences with it

OP
OP
S

Spaceport

Nov 17, 2013
This is my third detector and I love the other two I have and have not taken this one out yet but I can tell you for sure you are making a great decision...you will not be disappointed.Minelab makes an incredible machine with great tones and features...pretty easy to pick up on how to use it and very well balanced.The big plus about the Xterra is right off the bat it is easy to use but you can continue to learn with it and from it....good luck and as soon as this rain goes away and I have the time I will be posting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions