Opened the 705 on christmas, since then this is what ive found

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't wait there's a 705 on its way to me as I type this, big thanks to Keith @ fortbedford detectors he is a good guy & definetpy puts forth more effort then he should, thanks & I can't wait ill let you guys know how it goes down I got a pretty good spot I bring all machines to & everytime I bring one the spot comes back to life after cleaning it out with each machine to date at this 1 spot I have used there the Atpro with both coils,the v3i with 5 different coils, & the deus xp with the 9" & the 13". I got a good feeling with the 705

Thanks! Hope it warms up soon for you to get out there and back in the game!

Rocky77

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 6in HF DD rarely comes off my X-Terra unless I'm relic hunting, then I use the MF 10.5 in DD. It's awesome for coin shooting and even found me my first gold ring! I've yet to try the HF 10.5in DD. Not sure if it would be better for relic hunting than the MF DD. But, you definitely can't go wrong with the 6in HF DD.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For coin shooters sorting through trash, the 6" Coiltek 3kHz "Digger" simply can't be beat. Though low conductors like gold aren't it's strong point, I've found gold with mine twice.
On silver, copper, or other high conductors it's like a magnet. LF coils (3kHz) are my personal preference for working most sites, especially iron infested sites like old homesteads.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a big difference in the 6"dd minelabe verse the coiltech 6" dd if both were same frequency to ? I know my other machines whites,garrets couple fishers,& bounty hunters this is my first minelabe so any info from u guys is well apreciated. Thanks in advance

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all about how the target metals respond to a frequency. George Payne did the research years ago, and (for instance) determined that the optimum response from a silver dime is generated by 2.7kHz.
If you do a little investigation, you can find a whole list of items that he tested. For the most part high conductors like silver, copper and brass respond to lower frequencies better, and low conductors like Platinum, gold, and lead respond to higher frequencies better. This is a somewhat over simplification, but you get the idea.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do thanks I'm gonna definetly be getting a couple more coils because no sight is the same its all about the right tool for the right job. My question was ok you got minelabes set of coils in the 3 frequencies then there are the coiltec versions same frequencies is one brand persay better then the other or ?

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of the twelve authorized coils available from Minelab & Coiltek, no two are the same. They all operate on one of the three frequencies that the Xterra is specified for.

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Nice! The 705 rocks no question - I almost bought one but went with the Safari only because of the multiple frequencies. Do you use the prospecting mode? I remember the salesman showing me that you could get another inch or two by hunting in it.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easily an extra inch or two. You lose TID, but you can toggle back to C/T mode for that as long as it's near enough.

OP
OP
goldnrelics

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
todays hunt with the 705 was excellent
2h7dmwz.jpg

2j5c7ky.jpg

GOOD LUCK CHRISTO HH!!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I been testing it out quite a bit getting used to the settings, & how to set it up what tones to use ect I really think I'm gonna enjoy it, this weekend is supposed to warm up so it will be its time to shine

Nice hunt today seems like ur liking the 705 wish I was out now lol hh buddy

OP
OP
goldnrelics

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yes highly recommended!! Coiltek makes excellent coils.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread