Opened the 705 on christmas, since then this is what ive found

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a difference. you get what you pay for i went over wayyy over hunted school grounds, even with someone with a mxt..

Bought it in October, Saved it for Christmas. So this is 8 days of finds, and probably went out 4 times. this is going to be a good year

2resc38.jpg

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your new machine! Looks like you've been doing pretty well with it!

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how you could leave it alone for nearly three months! ???

Congrats on the new machine!:occasion14: IMO the 705 is the best kept secret in detecting.

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pile of coins.......the 705 is a great machine!!

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Haul !! The 705 is a great machine, no way I could have kept my hands off of it for that long !!!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He has major self control is all I can say. I might of had to re-wrap it Christmas Eve! :)

Chris in BC

Mar 19, 2003
Langley
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Keene 5" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat, I have a similar story, got about the same pile of coins and junk from around my house, I broke open an X-terra 705 on Christmas eve day, I can not believe how quick the learning curve as been, love the machine and glad I went with it.

lem49

Mar 25, 2010
Repuplic of Panama
Detector(s) used
fisher cz7a pro, Tesoro Vaquero, whites coinmaster GT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been Reading about the 705 and now I want one!!

OP
OP
goldnrelics

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was well worth the wait. In the meantime I used a decent Tesoro. but it does not compare, best machine I've had.

Rocky77

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the wonderful world of the X-Terra 705. It's a great detector.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't wait there's a 705 on its way to me as I type this, big thanks to Keith @ fortbedford detectors he is a good guy & definetpy puts forth more effort then he should, thanks & I can't wait ill let you guys know how it goes down I got a pretty good spot I bring all machines to & everytime I bring one the spot comes back to life after cleaning it out with each machine to date at this 1 spot I have used there the Atpro with both coils,the v3i with 5 different coils, & the deus xp with the 9" & the 13". I got a good feeling with the 705

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a difference. you get what you pay for i went over wayyy over hunted school grounds, even with someone with a mxt..

Bought it in October, Saved it for Christmas. So this is 8 days of finds, and probably went out 4 times. this is going to be a good year

Nice digs! Congrats!

OP
OP
goldnrelics

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got the 6" coiltek for christmas dont know where it came from but its one of the vendors here

recomended, also got a 17.5 6" .. haven't used the factory one yet

been finding so much stuff i dont even feel like posting it all. another ring, pounds of coins.......... need to find a new cw spot but it hits good on lead and copper

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My new 705 should be here soon what would you guys,who use this,machine recommend for a next coil its coming with the 7.5 frequency concentric 10" coil, I'm more used to the sef coils & the dd coil never really used many concentric ones, I do a lot of detecting in the woods, parks,schools really anywhere I can for anything I was thinking on the dd coil either 6" or the 9" I believe

OP
OP
goldnrelics

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My new 705 should be here soon what would you guys,who use this,machine recommend for a next coil its coming with the 7.5 frequency concentric 10" coil, I'm more used to the sef coils & the dd coil never really used many concentric ones, I do a lot of detecting in the woods, parks,schools really anywhere I can for anything I was thinking on the dd coil either 6" or the 9" I believe

3khz coiltek 6" DD is goood. lots of options out there . cant wait to take it to the gold field

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K thanks,I really,been hearing lots of good on that 6" dd I read & downloaded the xterra book from the minelabe sight its a good read & it makes lots of sence on the part of coil choices, no gold fields where I am bummer lol

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually the standard stock coil is a 9" concentric. The Minelab DD coils for the Xterra are 5x10",10.5", and 6" HF, and 10.5" MF. Coiltek makes 15" DD coils in all three frequencies, as well as a 6" DD LF.
NO OTHER COILS ARE AUTHORIZED BY MINELAB!
Any other aftermarket coils are produced with less than accurate spec's obtained by means of reverse engineering (pirated technology), and should be avoided. DON'T REWARD THIEVES!!

As far as what you might want next....I would refer you to the four part blog article that Randy Horton wrote.
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? part 1
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me | Treasure Talk
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? part 2
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? | Treasure Talk
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? part 3
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? - Part 3 | Treasure Talk
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? part 4
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? - Part 4 | Treasure Talk

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

you will love the Xterra. I tried a few coils. The 9" 3 hz coil seemed to find coins a bit deeper than the stock, but not enough to make much difference. The 10 dd was a bit too heavy for me, so I did some trades and ended up with the 6 inch which is a good utility coil for trashy areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread