MineLab Se Pro Coiltek Coil Question

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wanting to purchase a new coiltek 15" coil for my se pro but I see people saying buy the 15" WOT then I see bart saying this etrac coil which I guess is the new model is the one your looking for. The WOT has one bar in the middle then the ring & the other coiltek 15" looks a little like the standard 11" pro minelab coil with the bar in the middle with spider legs going out to ring. Which one do I go with I cant find anything on the newer model has anyone used this coil & is it as good as the WOT ???? Thanks For Any Info :dontknow:

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that the spider legs were added for rigidity, because ground scrubbers were complaining about flexing causing falsing. The added struts are the only difference, and the coil is functionally otherwise unchanged. The 15" All Terrain coils for Xterras have gone through the same transformation.

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that the spider legs were added for rigidity, because ground scrubbers were complaining about flexing causing falsing. The added struts are the only difference, and the coil is functionally otherwise unchanged. The 15" All Terrain coils for Xterras have gone through the same transformation.

I kinda thought that but haven't heard or seen anything on the newer ones that's why I wanted some input on the coils. Are the NEL coils any good they are a little cheaper but I am wanting a good promising coil so I am going to get what does the job no matter the cost. Thanks

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coiltek has a reputation for excellence, and I can say for certain that the WOT is a HOT coil!

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy- Longhair has you all set with the differences of the older and newer WOT coils... :icon_thumleft: Old or new they are awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions