X-terra 705 pricing ; new or used

Flex68

Dec 10, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently researching to buy
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have finally decided that the Minelab X-terra 705 may be the first detector that I purchase.

Now I just need to decide what pricing is reasonable to expect to pay for either a new one, or a used one (say with the standard 9" coil, and no 'extras')......

What has been your experience with the 'best' deal one might expect , either new or used?
Many thanks!

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Often they can be had for around $500 used. I scored one of the best deals I've heard of, and it was several years ago. I got one LNIB for $300, but that was also before they made the warranties transferable.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check with our supporting vendors here on Tnet. They might able to work you a deal that would include some other accessories you'll need to complete your detecting ensemble.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got mine from Keith @ fortbed ford detectors & he really stepped up & took care of me. Normally I won't just say this just cuz its where it came from but he really did go further then I'd expect a vendor to do give em a call has all the packages, btw the 705 is a very good machine & I've had some nice top shelf detectors

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I bought mine used in great shape with a dd coil and housing cover shipped for $325...

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought mine used in great shape with a dd coil and housing cover shipped for $325...

Now thats a deal brother u like it so far or

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought one for $500. Found at a pawn shop, came with 9inch conc, 10 by 5 hf, minelab digger, minelab pouch, a set of headphones, carry bag. Not a scratch even on bottom of coil. Probably about what they should go for.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice I just want some not snowy or rainy weather so I can get it outside try it on for size lol

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice I just want some not snowy or rainy weather so I can get it outside try it on for size lol
I'm go nuts over winter here to, only thing that helps is going icefishing and adjust gain and changing frequency on my fish finder.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now thats a deal brother u like it so far or
I LOVE my 705! It goes deep, is reliable and has features like ground balance that I consider a must for land detecting. Even works OK on the beach.
By the way I love your avatar!

OP
OP
F

Flex68

Dec 10, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently researching to buy
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Often they can be had for around $500 used. I scored one of the best deals I've heard of, and it was several years ago. I got one LNIB for $300, but that was also before they made the warranties transferable.

Wow, couple of great deals , there!

Thanks to all for the replies....I will keep looking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions